Vol 4 Chapter 23 Once Upon A Time

Start from the beginning

     She thought she had heard her mother calling out to her when something flashed in her eyes, and she spent a moment clearing the spots before she realized Itachi was there. He was looking at her differently than normal and she was suddenly conscious about what shew as wearing. It was just her uniform but she wished it was something cuter. Itachi reached out and touched her cheek and she was stunned, what was he doing? He leaned close to her ear and wished her luck in the Chunin exams and her heart just would not stop beating so rapidly she was certain everyone would mistake the beats for drums. That night she could only think about what had just happened, all thoughts of training for the Chunin exams went right out.

     Somehow Izumi had made it to the last part of the Chunin exams, even her sensei was surprised at the amount of focus she had put into the exams

     Somehow Izumi had made it to the last part of the Chunin exams, even her sensei was surprised at the amount of focus she had put into the exams. Every part of her was focused on one singular goal, to impress Itachi. Of her friends, only Humika understood her real goal. Now she was facing her friend in combat, it seemed like fate. The fight was close, while Humika did understand Izumi's plight, she had her own reasons to become Chunin and to win the exams. Both had sustained a number of injuries fighting their way to get here and each of them were running on willpower alone, barely standing. Izumi put all her focus on Itachi and what he had done and formed the signs she had seen him do countless times. Fire release, the fireball sailed right over Humika's head, but that was just to force her to duck bring her right into the path of Izumi's foot as it connected her the side of her head knocking her unconscious, "Forgive me Humika" Izumi whispered as her friend collapsed.

  Fire release, the fireball sailed right over Humika's head, but that was just to force her to duck bring her right into the path of Izumi's foot as it connected her the side of her head knocking her unconscious, "Forgive me Humika"  Izumi whispe...

     It had been years since she had become Chunin and while Humika was a little upset with her friend she had been happy for her. The two were sitting together after a long mission catching up when she felt a thrill down her spin, someone was watching her. She looked up to see Itachi walking towards her and all she could hear was her heartbeat speeding up as it did every time Itachi looked at her. She only absently noticed Itachi asking Humika for a moment alone with her. Those words echoed through her mind and soul, alone with Izumi, alone with her. It was a moment that she would never forget. Itachi proposed to her and before her brain could even conceive of the notion her mouth was already moving, "yes yes yes yes yes yes."