Vol 3 Chapter 19 The Poisoned Pawn

Kidomaru felt the death of his spider summons, inside the inn. The rabbit with them was pretty strong to break the spider's humanoid form so easily. Both of those minion had been strong enough to fight wolves with their bare hands, their deaths would be avenged. He still had a few ninja he could throw at the Inn, once it reached midnight they would find little peace in the darkness. He began the long work of summoning more spiders. While he did have a few ninja to throw away he didn't have enough to cover every exit unless he used more spider summoned creatures. They were itching for a fight after the loss of their brothers.

     The moon favored him tonight, the full hunter's moon, October's moon shone down on his spider ninja, each well-hidden around the Inn. He had no more data about the interior of the place, but it was now fully surrounded, the amateurs would die in there, except for Asuma. If he could bring back nine-tails to Orochimaru then he would certainly be promoted. Maybe he could even lead the sound four, at least until they went after Sasuke, who would then be the natural leader.

     The ninja that guarded the princess had picked up a few guards ever since they reached Hanabira, they weren't ninja but they could easily raise an alarm before they died, fortunately, he had a number of natural predators with him. He sent his spiderlings out spreading out around the village. The plan was simple. Kill everyone they ran into while they slept. The guards would be first, a few of them were patrolling the village, something they would do anyway but now they were alert. Kidomaru looked upward at the moon again. It's light shining down on him bathing him in its glow. He asked once more for a blessing from the hunter's moon, and then he moved.

     As he lept from the tree Kidamaru spread his arms outward spider webs formed between his fingers spreading down his arm the slight glow of charka illuminating him briefly. None of the guards were looking up, that is what you can expect from the village people. Kidomaru hated them and all their backwards ways. They were fools to abandon the wild, living in a village made them all soft, weak, and easily extinguished.

     The guard he had targeted never saw it coming until it was too late. He pulled in his arms the wind that had carried him aloft now worked for him as he drove his Kunai into the guard's neck driving him into the ground even as he landed on the guard. Something was wrong, however, the guard's bones did not break, and the impact felt a little off.

     He looked up tuning his chakra into his eyes and releasing a jutsu the spiders taught him, he needed more Intel. He switched from spider to spider and each had the same results. Village guards were idiots but this was easy, too easy. One of his spiders rushed into a nearby house, a two-room house, the sleeping area in the back. The spider slipped into the house with a predator's grace. He slid over the ground as if he were more snake than a spider. The spider ninja stood at the door to the shared bedroom, opening it slowly to note where the sleepers were, all in the center of the room surrounding a small heater. With expert precision, he threw his Kunai at the sleeping figures to hear a satisfying clink. Wait, that wasn't right. The spiderling rushed forward throwing back the blankets to see logs of wood in the place of the villagers.

     Kidomaru looked down to see a cloth dummy under him, traces of chakra leaving the dummy and he could see traces of paper burning off the guard he had killed. When had they replaced the entire village? He thought to himself as he tossed the target dummy aside. No alarm had been raised, nor had anyone moved in the Inn from what his spiderlings could tell. He knew better, they knew they were surrounded now and it would be one hell of a battle to get them out. Time to use the cannon fodder, he thought to himself.

     The low-level ninja moved towards the Inn, keeping as much to cover as they could, the spiders held back and watched. If all goes well they will expose their strengths and weaknesses, Kidomaru thought to himself as one of the ninja made it to a window and then stopped. The spider controlling the ninja had lost his connection and he saw why, a fraction of a knife blade stuck out the back of the ninja and he slid off it to the ground, the knife quickly disappeared into the inn again.