do the trick or treat

2:27 am ;
                  leaving for florida
                  october 31st, 2016

Gus shoved the remaining suitcases into the trunk of Liza's car. Anxiety and excitement coursing through his body. He ran to the passenger side and hopped in, taking the aux cord almost immediately.

"You ready peeper?" Liza asked as she buckled her seatbelt and motioned for Gus to do the same, he promptly did it.

"I'm so fucking excited. You don't know how much I appreciate this mom, I love you." He said as she began to back out the drive way. The only lights on their streets were the ones from the front of the van, guiding their way out the suburbs of New York.

"I love you too Gus, You're my boy and mama would do anything for you. Now what music are you gonna play for this trip?"

"My music."

"Good, it's my favorite."

-

6:19 am ;
3 hours and 52 minutes into the drive

"Mom, it's been like ten yearsss. When the hell are we getting there?" Gus whined as My Chemical Romance lowly played through out the car.

Liza laughed, "Gus it's only been about four hours."

"Fuck me."

"Stop it Gus!"

-

                             6:49 am ;
4 hours and 22 minutes into the drive

"Listen mom. I'm not gay or anything but Frank Iero could really get it. Even Gerard."

"And you say you aren't gay."

-

                           8:08 am ;
5 hours and 41 minutes into the drive

"Mom you wouldn't mind if I played some eighties bops, right?"

Liza cleared her throat, "Not at all. What are you gonna play."

The car sped up as they made their way onto a highway, trying to surpass the traffic. Gus jerked forward at the movement.

"Chill mom." The boy said as he readjusted himself in the seat, "But I'm gonna play Guns and Roses."

"As you say, Word."

-
                            8:17 am ;
5 hours and 50 minutes into the drive

"TAKE ME DOWN TO THE PARADISE CITY WHERE THE GRASS IS GREEN AND THE GIRLS ARE PRETTY. OH WONT YOU PLEASE TAKE ME HOME YEAH YEAHHH."

-
9:26 am ;
6 hours and 59 minutes into the drive

Gus reached into the backpack he carried on his lap, digging through its contents. About a minute later he pulled out a small packet of backwoods and a lighter.