happy little pill.

Oh blazed eyes, empty hearts

Buying happy from shopping carts,

Nothing but time to kill

Sipping life from bottles.

Tight skin, bodyguards,

Gucci down the boulevard

Cocaine, dollar bills and

My happy little pill,

Take me away

Dry my eyes, bring color to my skies

My sweet little pill, take my hunger

But within, numb my skin

Happy Little Pill~Troye Sivan

~

Ashton's POV

I was getting to go home today. They weren't going to send me away. I promised them I would get better. With Luke by my side, how could I not get better?

"Are you excited to go home, Ash?" My mum asked me. I was really excited to go home. This hospital was boring as fuck. It was only fun when my friends came to visit. 

Especially Luke.

I grabbed my laptop and gave it to my mum. She put it in my bag of shit that I had her bring here. It had my laptop, my iPod, my iPhone, and a couple of books. My time in the hospital has revolved around Tumblr, music, reading, and recovering. The last one hasn't been fun.

The nurses here treat me like I'm a baby. They act like I can't take care of myself. I know that me not taking good care of myself got me here in the first place, but it changed my outlook on the situation a little bit.

Just a little bit.

I know I have to get better if I want to stay here. I know my mum was really close to sending me to some place to help me. I told her that those places wouldn't help at all. She told me that I didn't have to go as long as I tried to get better.

"Yeah, I am. I hate it here." I said, crossing my arms. My mum just laughed, handing me some clothes to change into. I grabbed them, walking to the bathroom to change into them. She just brought a pair of black skinny jeans and a red Sleeping With Sirens tee. I cringed slightly at her choice. I mean, I love these jeans and this shirt, but it was short sleeve. We had to stop by a couple places before going home.

"Mum?" I said, coming out of the bathroom. She looked over at me, smiling until she saw the sad look on my face. She walked over to me, putting her hand on my shoulder. I looked down.

"Ash, what's wrong, sweetheart?" She asked, a worried look on her face. I looked at her, motioning to my wrists. She grabbed them, rubbing her thumbs across some of the scars.

"It'll be okay. I won't let anyone judge you." She said, kissing my cheek. I smiled, wrapping my arms around her neck. She wrapped her arms around my small waist. I let go, smiling at her. She grabbed my bag and we made our way to the elevator.

Once we were at the front desk, we were greeted by the doctor who had been taking care of me. He smiled.

"It was nice to have you here." He said, sticking out his hand. 

"It was hell to be here." I said, smiling and shaking his hand. He just laughed. He knew I cursed a lot, since I did in almost every sentence I said to him. Of course, every sentence was a complaint. 

My mum and I walked to her car, sticking my bag in the backseat. I got in the passenger side and sighed in relief. My mum laughed quietly.

"You hated it there, didn't you?" She asked, laughing. I just looked at her and nodded. I reached for the radio, turning it on and jumping when the words 'turn down for what' flowed through the speakers.