§ 10 § (BWWM)

SORROW

After her conversation with her mother, Binnie apologized for calling her daughter's man and giving him an ear full.

She recalled how mortified she was when her mother told her about her little talk with Asher. Sorrow was still amazed that he never said a word about the unwarranted intrusion. Most guys would've wasted no time calling her with a few choice words about family members minding their own damn business and not interfering in the relationships of others.

When Asher made it home and found Sorrow in his kitchen wearing a naughty maid's uniform, he didn't waste any words. The only thing he seemed to care about was getting next to her.

As always, his cool and calm demeanor made her desire more of him. When he grabbed her hand and led her to the bedroom, she was still trying to apologize for her mother's interference, but his lips put a stop to that. Because he wasn't easily angered, he never said a negative word about Sorrow's mother. The only thing Asher cared about was showing her that he was the king of his castle.

He'd spent the whole night reminding her of that fact.

§§§

INVITATION

"Hey, babe." Sorrow answered her phone.

Sitting in her office doing paperwork, her goal for the day was pretty simple. Sorrow worked to make sure payroll was completed in a timely manner. Because payroll waited for no man, she took an entire day to make sure her crew received their correct wages and that it happened on time.

Payroll was always a top priority.

Normally, she never received calls from Asher so early in the day because his schedule was always tight in the mornings. It was a little bit of a shock to see him call, but she was glad to hear from him.

"Hey, sweetie. I was wondering if you could do me a favor?" He asked her tentatively.

"Sure, bae. What do you need?" She willingly responded.

"I was wondering if you would like to attend a party with me tonight. I know it's short notice, but my boss just advised me that he's expecting to see me there." She could hear a hint of anxiety in his voice.

"Of course, I would love to go with you."

At that point in the relationship, they had been dating for eight months. The couple ventured out to various events all the time, but Sorrow sensed that this was different. This was a company function and Asher wanted her to attend it by his side.

The smile on her face must have saturated itself into her tone because she heard a slight chuckle from the other end.

"I wasn't expecting you to be so excited." He confessed.

"This is the first time you've asked me to attend a company function with you. Why wouldn't I be excited?" She giggled while trying to sound serious.

Sorrow jotted down a note in big letters to remind herself to FINISH PAYROLL just in case she got sidetracked and forgot to submit it.

"Are you okay?" The concern in his voice pulled her from her thoughts.

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine. I was just wondering if this is a formal or an informal occasion?" She replied with a bit of trepidation.

"It's formal. I can cover the cost of whatever you need? You don't have to worry about a thing." Asher offered.

"No, no... there's no need to do that. I just have a few stops to make. Will you be able to meet at your house at a reasonable hour, so we can eat and spend a little time together before we go?" Sorrow asked already planning everything in her head.