CHAPTER 12: MI CIELITO

Start from the beginning

I’m starting to be pissed off again so I decided to dial the limo customer service; not that I’m actually a customer but I’m his niece. After four rings he finally picked up.

“Hey kid. Sorry I wasn’t able to call you. I got to take care of things here in the office so sorry I wasn’t able to pick you up today.”

“Oh yeah, it’s okay Roger. I’ll just call Peter or mom to come and pick me up,” I said.

“Okay kid, take care. Again, sorry for today,” he said.

“It’s okay. Bye.” I hang up. I guess since Peter’s here he should be the one driving me to and from school. I’m dialing Peter’s number when a horn honked and in front of me is a black BMW. The window rolled down and there in the driver’s seat is Brent. He smiles awkwardly but he still looks happier this time than the last time I actually saw him which is last Sunday morning.

“Hi, uhmm need a ride?” he said. He’s now in front of me. I didn’t notice that he went out of the car so I was startled.

“Uh-uhmm, actually,” I nodded. I can see his bruises are healing and his smile is definitely award-winning right now. “Why are you still here?”

“I was actually waiting for you to have your limo here before I go home but I noticed you’ve been here too long,” he said. I’m not sure if Brent is really in front of me. He’s more of the bad boy type recently but why is he here right now being too good to be true?

“Are you stalking me? Ah, and are you sure you’re not sick? You seemed so nice to me today”

“Look, I really want to “woo” you,” he said making a quotation mark in the air. “When I told you last time that I like you, I’m not joking. And this time I want to prove it to you.” he said with his blue eyes looking straight into my eyes.

“Oh. Okay,” I said actually confused. Thinking about it, it’s not really bad if I hang out with Brent right? After all he’s my twin’s best friend and if anything bad happens, I’m sure Peter will be the protective brother to me.

I hopped in in his car smelling the uncouth moment coming on my way. I must actually win an award for having the most numbers of awkward moments in my life, as I said before.

“So, uhm, you said you’ve been protecting me ever since God knows when. Is it also true that you had a fought with Jack after the juice incident last year?” I asked.

“Uhm, yeah. How did you know?”

“Jack told me earlier. And also he told me that you had a fight with him last Saturday,”

“That asshole. What did he do to you?”

“Look Brent, he just bumped into me and he just blurted those things out.” I don’t know why I’m even explaining.

“Okay, my cielito” he said. He smiled without looking into my direction. I feel weird. Those oompa loompas are dancing in my stomach again. Shit, I better not blush. And I didn’t blush. Hooray for me.

“What’s that? It’s Spanish right?”

“I thought you’re smart,”

“Uhm, but I don’t speak Spanish.”

“You’ll know soon, baby.”

“Don’t call me that,”

“Okay honey,”

“Either that,”

“Darling,”

“No.”