CHAPTER 10: I FEEL LIKE OVERDOSING MYSELF WITH CANDIES

CHAPTER 10: I Feel Like Overdosing Myself with Candies

I got easily comfortable inside Isaac’s red Mustang. The drive to Isaac’s place was fun. Which is I guess. Well, to be honest, it was kind of awkward. I don’t want to speak first because I know, anytime soon, I’ll be having my verbal diarrhea again, which is not a very good move to impress Isaac.

“So,” Isaac started. “why did turn off your phone last night?” he said; a bit hesitant with his statement. I was thankful though because he’s the one who decided to break the infinite silence.

“Ahm, actually I kind of had my alone time last night and I don’t want anyone to disturb me from studying,” Okay, I just lied to the boy that I’m trying to impress. Way to ruin your record huh. Shut up you bitchy girl inside of me. Yeah it was partly true. I didn’t want anyone to disturb me but I didn’t study. I spent my night thinking about Peyton.

“Study? Wow, you really are a nerd,” he said without looking away from the road but he still smiles which makes my knees turn into goo. “Anyway, we’re heading to my cousin’s home to baby sit his sister. I also want you to meet him,” Yes, actually, you never mentioned his name to me so I don’t have any idea if he’s been in any of my classes.

“He’s a senior right? What’s his name?,” I asked him but I looked out of the window waiting for him to answer while I enjoy the view of sky over the houses. I rolled down the car window and pulled my camera from my bag. I’m attempting to take photos with the car moving.

“Maybe you know him. Actually he’s pretty famous in your school” he replied. I stopped taking photos and looked at him. He just took a look at me and he moves back his eyes on the road. I’m really curious about his cousin now but I want the feeling of thrill.

I’ll just play a game for now. “Hey, can I guess who he is? But don’t tell me the answer yet. I want to find it out when we arrive there.” I ask him. He nodded and a chuckle from his mouth escaped. “I guess he’s Jack?” he grinned and I grimaced. Jack is the most popular jock in school. He’s the Jack of the Jocks. He’s pretty cool but he’s not my type although one time he tried to flirt with me when we were juniors. I was having glucose imbalance then so I kind of humiliated him in front of everyone inside the gymnasium. I poured a can of juice into his new shirt. Because of that, the mean girls hated me and I think the group of jocks also hated me but I was surprised that nothing bad ever happened to me. I voluntarily snapped out of my thoughts about Jack. I don’t want to deal with the mean girls right now.

“Okay, let’s see. We’re almost here,” he said when he pulled off in front of a house. “My cousin asked me to take a break this weekend since he’s got no work but I really want you to hang out with us,” he said. He’s really mature to think of everyone’s sake. Impressive.

“You too are really close?” He opened the front door and let me enter first. Aww, he’s so gentleman. The house is the typical American house. The walls are painted with white and the living room is clean. Their mom maybe has OCD. I almost forgot, he said his cousins live alone.

“Yeah, we’ve been like brothers even before his parents… well, ah never mind,” he didn’t finish his statement about his cousins’ parents. I’m curious but I don’t want to push the topic for now because I could sense that it’s a sensitive one.

“Isaac!” a little girl from upstairs said. He rushed down the stairs.

“Brianne, my ever gorgeous cousin!” he said to the little girl while he opened his arms wide and caught Brianne in him and carried her. She hugged him like they’ve never seen each other for centuries. The girl has pale skin and but she’s still looking lively and enthusiastic; no traces of illness that radiates from her. It’s his five-year old cousin and she’s so adorable. “Where’s your brother?” he asked.