CHAPTER 12: MI CIELITO

CHAPTER 12: Mi Cielito

Brent went out of my room through the balcony last Sunday. He decided to go after he said the statement that made me speechless for almost half an hour. We practically spent that awkward silence just avoiding each other’s gaze. Actually, I was the one who avoided his gaze; he kept his blue eyes on me. Then he left with a blank expression.  Of course I would not want him to walk out through the front door because I know my mom will not be pissed but instead she will be happy because I finally had taken home a boy. Yeah, my mother is not the conservative kind mom. If she has to pay a boy just to date me, she would’ve done that. But I don’t think any boy would like to be paid just to date me. It’s just Brent who shows interest to me while Isaac, I’m not really sure.

For the past days, I didn’t receive any text message or call from Brent. Isaac texted me everyday; reminding me about our collab.

I sighed. It’s Thursday. The school week is almost done again and I’m not sure if I’ll be comfortable with the collab with Isaac tomorrow. I was out of my reverie when the bell rang ending today’s boring day. It’s technically the day where lectures and assignments were given and I’m sure it would be easy doing the latter later before I sleep or earlier. I went out of the room and walked down the noisy hallway to my locker. Roger, or should I say Uncle Roger is here in about three minutes so I better hurry up fixing my things. I turned away from my locker and I sped up so I can be there when the limo comes but all of the sudden I was shoved down into the hallway floor by a very strong force. I didn’t even notice that I bump into something or should I say someone. Shit, I’m doomed. Jack is standing in front of me.

Jack Miller.

If you remember I told you about him before. He was the jock I messed up with. I poured juice on his new shirt because of my glucose imbalance and I was just that pissed that time. Yeah it’s him standing in front of me right now. He never really took revenge on me. Whatever his reason was, I was thankful because I’m still live.

“Oh hi Garris’ girl,” he said with a cocky smile on his face. I stood up angrily. First because he knocked me out to the floor, and second because he annoyingly called me Brent’s girl. I sent dagger glares to him

“What?” I retorted.

“Oh easy Barnette, I was just saying my hello to the pretty nerd who rejected me by pouring juice on me.” I snorted and rolled my eyes at his statement. “You left me sticky and wet,” he said waving his eyes.

“Shut up you perv or you might end up crippled,”

“What? You’re going to get Garris and punch me again? We just did that last Saturday and I don’t think he wanted another night at the police station,” he said with a very evil green. I really want to punch him right now but I know he might punch me too, worst on my face. So it’s clear, he’s the reason why Brent got those bruises.

“I never asked help from him, you jerk!” I hissed. The hallway is almost empty now. There are still few students hanging around the halls and I don’t want to get their attention.

“Oh sure you didn’t. He just punched me on the face after the juice incident and he threatened everyone in my clique to back off from you,” he said rolling his eyes. “He’s your knight in shining harbor,” he added.

“It’s armor, idiot,” he looks good on the outside but his brain lacks good knowledge.

“Whatever Barnette.” And with that he left. I better hurry now or Uncle Roger will be pissed.

The sky is still bright but I feel like it’s almost three hours that I’ve been waiting here for Uncle Roger. Well, only thirsty minutes have passed actually. If only they allow me to drive but I don’t think it will ever happen because my vision blurs randomly.