Chapter Twenty-Five: Aftermath

Start from the beginning

"No shit it hurts!" Fran swatted his shoulder.

"Language Fran!" I laughed, but Darwin and Dot had already heard it.

"No shit Darwin!" Dot shouted.

"No shit Dot!" her brother returned.

"Enough you two, that's a bad word." Anne reprimanded them.

They looked to each other, before looking back at their mother, saying in unison, "No shit mom."

Everyone chuckled as Anne shook her head, trying to suppress a smile quickly forming on her face. Why had I ever left here? Suddenly, my thoughts drifted to Samuel, who was still alone in his room, miserable. I had to see him. I startled everyone by trying to stand, fighting the pain that quickly engulfed my abdomen. George placed a hand on my shoulder, pushing me back down, a stern look on his face.

"I need to see Samuel." I said defensively, trying to squirm out of his hold.

"I'll get him." Darwin said, pushing his sister out of the way.

"No fair! You can't have a head start Darwin!" Dot shouted chasing after him.

"No shit Dot!" Darwin's voice was faint as he made his way down the hall.

"As for the rest of you." George turned to everyone else, who'd gathered around my bedside, "Now that you've seen Rose alive and well, I trust you can get back to work?"

"Right away, your majesty." Trinity bowed, followed by the rest of them as they swiftly left the room, closing the door behind them.

"He doesn't care if we get back to work, he just wanted us out of the room so that he could have Rose all to himself." I could hear Fran's loud voice as they walked further out of earshot.

"You're lucky you were saved by Dot and Darwin, but I didn't forget what you'd said earlier." George smirked.

"So what? You said it too." I blushed, turning away from him.

"I believe a statement like that is usually followed up with an affectionate gesture..." he droned.

"Isn't the statement itself an affectionate gesture?"

"I meant one a touch more... Intimate." he drew closer, placing a thumb under my chin, and turning my head to face him.

"Still haven't begun to understand the concept of personal space, I see?"

"Still can't resist my charm, I see?" he retorted, causing my face to heat up even more.

"Ahem." Samuel cleared his throat by the door, pulling our attention.

"Ah, Samuel." George stood hastily, "I'll allow you two to speak alone."

As soon as he had left the room, Samuel's tensed shoulder relaxed, and he rushed to my side, engulfing me in a hug, tears brimming in his eyes.

"My God, Rosalie! I thought you'd died!" he cried, causing tears to prick the back of my eyes as well.

"I'm so sorry Samuel. I missed you so much." I said.

"I missed you too." he, at last, pulled away, taking a seat in one of the chairs near the bed, "Why did you leave, Rose? I thought we were family?"

"We are, I just..." I trailed off as a blush renwed on kmy face, "I was sort of, I guess... Conflicted over my... Feelings?"

"Feelings? You mean for the King?!" his face instantly lit up.

"Yes, for the King. But you musn't tell anyone."

"I mean... The two of you don't exactly do the best job of hiding it." he laughed.

"Shut up."

"I mean it's obvious what with how easily he flusters you." Samuel persisted, which gave me an idea.

"You're one to talk." I began, smiling, "Have you seen yourself with Trinity?"

That comment instantly had Samuel a blushing mess, and he averted my gaze, scoffing.

"Well I-I, uh..." he stumbled over his words.

"Speaking of which, when are the two of you to be married?" I asked.

"We're not sure. It definetly won't be big. Just some close friends." he responded.

"Well you could always just use the set up from the other wedding."

"That's slightly morbid." he chuckled.

"Well it's a shame you put so much effort into it only to have it taken down." I shrugged.

"The wasted work is the least of everyone's concerns, Rose."

"Well, I'm fine, and Christain and Jerome are both behind bars. No need to worry."

"Jerome?" Samuel looked perplexed.

"Yes... The other kidnapper?" I frowned.

"Rose... We only arrested Christain. Never an accomplace."

°•. ✿ .•°