King For a Day

A/N: Sorry, it's been a while since I posted. I've been dealing with my own depression, and developing an original idea. 

However, I am ECSTATIC about the activity on the story in my absence. Thank you for reading and enjoy!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

        Craig sat beside Maxwell Green in a secluded area of the building Bert and Viktor had chosen as their homebase and sighed, "Have you heard about the plan Bert has?"

Max nodded and frowned deeply, "I know that Bert doesn't live by a code, but I do. I also know he's pissed at the whole Radke lineage but harming a woman and a child isn't going to fix anything. Hell, if I know Ronnie, it'll just make everything twenty times worse. This has to stop, Craig."

"I'm glad I'm not the only one questioning everything," Craig started, "I mean- it would be one thing to handle this diplomatically, but waging all-out war with our old coven as well as humans at the same time? That's suicide."

Max nodded as he slumped further in his chair and sighed, "So. Do we warn Ronnie and his new council? I highly doubt we can waltz in there and not be executed for our betrayal."

Craig frowned again and sighed, "I think Ronnie and Vic will be reasonable, especially with Kellin and Andy there to be voices of reason. Andy will see that we're there to help, and in interest of preserving our race, keep them at bay. The real question is, when do we go?"

As the two detractors began their plan to return home, Ronnie paced the room he shared with Anna nervously. He had work to return to and with Annalise being close to delivering, he wasn't sure he wanted to go.

"Babe, it's only a few weeks, right?" Anna frowned up at him as she shifted uncomfortably and rested her hand carefully on her stomach. She understood his apprehension- but she also knew that the record labels offered their people sanctuary in the modern world, and as such didn't think refusing to honor a contract was a smart idea.

"It's not just a few weeks, Anna. I'm going to miss the birth of our daughter. You are especially vulnerable and will be in the weeks after she's born as well. I'd be remiss to leave, especially considering that the only person who will be here with you in my council is Kellin. No offense to the guy, but if I had to pick a weak link when it comes to fighting, it would be him," Ronnie ran his hands through his hair and frowned. He knew as a leader, it was his job to be the example. He just wished he could be a good leader and the husband he wanted to be as well.

Just as Anna was about to respond, Vic came in the door with a worried look on his face, "Ronnie, Anna. Andy just got a call from Craig. He and max are headed here. Said they need to talk with all of us and didn't say a whole lot else. What's our play here?"

Ronnie's eyes clouded over. This was NOT the news he wanted to get on the heels of his label calling him out of town at quite literally the worst time. He growled under his breath and then sighed in frustration, "What feeling did Andy get from this? Does it smell like a trap to him?"

Vic only shook his head and sighed, "Andy told me to tell you that we will all be in the room. He's coming back for a night to be sure of it, and that he didn't feel like there was any foul play. But he did seem inclined to hear them out."

Ronnie frowned again and sighed, "Fine. Tomorrow. But I'm calling my label, and I'm telling them that they'll have to refund tickets for the first month of this tour I'm going on. If this is anything like what I think it is, I won't be going anywhere for a while."