Pet

To say Annalise was shocked when she walked into the castle would be an understatement. There were people everywhere, and she realized that she had seen all their faces at one time or another- either at concerts she would sneak out to or in the music videos she watched as a teenager. She glanced up at Ronnie and whispered, "Are they all vampires, too?"

Ronnie nodded stiffly but didn't look down at her. His eyes were locked on Craig Mabbit's. Ronnie pulled Annalise closer to him and whispered, "Any band signed to Epitaph, Victory, Fueled by Ramen or Eyeball Records has at least one vampire involved- a few of the major labels have them, too. I told you, the industry gave us an outlet. The return is, we use charisma to lure in fans and thus sales. Not everyone here is a friend to you, Anna. There are people here who want me to fail and would hurt you to make it happen. Trust your instincts before allowing anybody near you, do you understand me?"

Annalise nodded and continued to allow Ronnie to lead her down a long staircase and into a large room. At the far end, a man who looked to be about 60 sat, surrounded by men who looked older. Before Ronnie could say anything or even indicate their presence, the elder Radke stood and smiled.

He regarded Annalise warmly and said, "Welcome home, daughter. Do you remember anything at all?"

Annalise looked at Ronnie questioningly and he simply nodded his head with a smile on his face. She looked around and said, "I'm afraid not, sir. It seems familiar, but I can't quite place it."

"Come closer," one of the elders frowned, "Clearly something you lost when they dusted you was your manners. Let us look at you, Annalise Radke."

Ronnie frowned, "It's Belmont. I haven't made her Radke yet. She's frightened, Marius. She doesn't know you yet. Give her the same courtesy we gave Armand all those centuries ago."

Marius frowned and sighed, "She will always be Radke as far as I'm concerned, young man."

Marius and the other elders stepped down and inspected Annalise very closely. After what seemed like forever, one of them roughly pulled the cross out of her shirt and ran his fingers over it. Seeming satisfied, the elder nodded to Marius and the elder Radke. They all sat back in their seats, and Ronnie's father finally spoke again, "You are indeed Annalise Radke-Belmont. Ronald, take her to your bed, say your goodbyes. We begin at sunset."

Ronnie breathed a sigh of relief and led Annalise back up the stairs. When they entered the main hall again, he was relieved to see that all but Andy, Kellin and Vic had gone. The three approached cautiously, and Vic looked close to tears.

"Did she pass?" he asked, his breath caught in his throat as he looked over at Annalise. Ronnie nodded, a smile crossing his face as he saw Vic Fuentes give his long-lost cousin a tight hug. Annalise looked questioningly at Ronnie, and when he nodded his approval, she returned the hug.

"I'm sorry... I'm afraid I don't know you...yet," she looked down, embarrassed. Annalise didn't want to admit it, but she already felt more at home in this castle, surrounded by vampires, than she had before she lost her grandmother.

"You will," Vic smiled gently at her before stepping back and letting Ronnie put his arms gently around her shoulders.

Ronnie smiled gently and led her away from his friends and up a small flight of stairs. He stopped outside of a room at the end of a long hallway and smiled down at her gently, "Are you ready to see where we slept?"

Annalise nodded and followed Ronnie into the room. It was simple, but pretty. The bed was made, and it looked like all of the sheets and comforter were black, and the two dressers were a dark Cherrywood. The lack of colors didn't surprise her. From what she could gather about Ronnie, this fit perfectly with what she'd imagine him choosing as bedding.

"Don't be creeped out by this, but we knew you'd be coming. Kellin and Vic got the things they figured you'd need. There's a bathroom over there," Ronnie pointed to a door, "And that's the only way in or out. When you're not with me, Kellin, Vic or Andy that is the only bathroom you use in this castle. Your bathroom stuff should be there and set up in a way you like. Trust me, they know how particular you are. Your dresser is on the right side of the room, because that's the side of the bed you slept on before, and the side I know you still sleep on."

"So... I'm spending most of my time in this room, then? Are you sure I have more friends than enemies here, Ronnie?" Annalise looked out the window and smiled at the tree line. It was something she never saw in New Jersey, that was for sure.

"Positive, but until your memory is back, I don't want anyone to try anything. It shouldn't take long, and we've worked it out to where one of them will be here with you for the week it will potentially take. If I'm guessing right, it's coming back to you, so it may be sooner. Either way, the second we know your memory is restored, you're coming back to me," Ronnie tried to sound reassuring, but he knew Annalise was still worried- and truth be told, he couldn't really blame her.

"Hey," Ronnie stepped behind Annalise and put his arms around her shoulders, "It's going to be ok, Anna. You'll have the memories back and be back with me before you know it. Like I said, I see it coming back to you bit by bit. You wouldn't have let me this close even 12 hours ago."

Annalise turned to him, and a smile played on her lips as she traced one of the tattoos on his neck. Before she could respond, the door opened and the elder Radke frowned at Ronnie, "You have a show to get to, son. You know she's safe. We need to start soon; she has a lot to remember."

Ronnie looked down at Annalise and smiled sadly as he whispered, "I'll see you soon, Anna. Don't be scared. As long as you have this cross," he gently touched the pendant hanging around her neck, "You've got a direct line to me."

Before she could respond, he folded into the air and was gone once more. Annalise turned to her father in law and forced a small smile, "Where do we begin?"

A Vampire Fairy Tale (Ronnie Radke)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें