Floral and Fading

A/N: Made a change. 

Vic Fuentes is now half brother to Annalise Belmont. 

Also, italics indicate a flashback. This will be relevant for the next chapter as well

++++++++++++++++++++++++

        "You need to relax, Annalise," Marius frowned impatiently at her as she sat on the edge of the bed, "I know Ronald made you nervous with his talk about being careful, but we can't do this if you're tense, and you can't have any distractions. Now lay back and let us do our work."

Annalise frowned and took the cross around her neck in her hand as she leaned back. A small smile crossed her face and she felt herself relax on top of the blanket.

Over the next few hours, she saw things. At first, there wasn't any real feeling attached to it. But as she saw herself finding Vic clinging to life and taking him to the order, begging for his life to be saved, her pulse quickened. Even in the sleep-like state she was put under, she could hear herself screaming, "Please help him! I don't care how! I'll do anything."

Marius leaned forward, looked toward Ronnie- who shook his head no very adamantly, and then smirked as he said, "If we save your brother (A/N I know I said cousin- changing it here), you have to do something for us."

Annalise pursed her lips and said, "Anything. Please. Help him."

Marius sighed as he looked at Kellin and then back at Vic, who was gasping for breath at this point. Kellin only nodded and pulled Vic into a room out of sight.

"You've made a trade. We've saved him for you, now you'll help save us," Marius smiled at the young girl in front of him that stood with a brave face, even though everyone knew she was terrified because the weight of the deal she had made was sinking in.

"My dear, your energy is unique. You are what we would call an equalizer. Our heir to the throne," Marius gestured weakly to Ronnie, who was at this point giving Annalise a look of pity, "Needs an equalizer. So, we saved your brother. Made him one of us. In return, you will stay here. You will agree to marriage, and you will join us, too."

Annalise looked over at Ronnie and tried to read his face. After a moment, she looked Marius and nodded, "That's fair. What do you need me to do?"

Annalise sat up and looked over at Marius, "Is Vic still alive? Can I see my brother?"

Marius nodded and sighed, "After one more session. You've made progress, Annalise." The elder motioned for her to lay back down. Annalise frowned but obeyed. As she drifted back, she saw herself with Ronnie, on a riverbed at night.

"Has anyone ever told you that your eyes shine brighter in moonlight?" Ronnie smiled at Annalise as she looked out over the water. When she didn't immediately respond, he smiled at her and gently splashed water on her dress.

"Nobody's ever looked at me that way," Annalise shrugged as she leaned back against Ronnie's chest, "Until now, anyway."

"That's a shame," Ronnie frowned as he put his arm around her shoulders, "But. I will say I'm thankful to be your first, even if I feel like you took a shit deal."

"How so?" Annalise frowned at him as he rested his head on top of hers.

"Think about this for me, Anna. You traded your safety and freedom to save Vic. Do you understand the amount of danger you put yourself in?"

"Does it matter, Ronnie? I've got my brother, I've made actual friends, and I'm sorry if this drives you out of your self loathing rut, but I happen to love you."

Ronnie sighed and whispered into her hair gently, "I have something for you."

He reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a small cross on a chain, "I forged it for you, like you asked. I know you didn't want a ring... and that you're a sucker for irony. What was it you said to me when you rejected my mother's ring?" Ronnie's face lit up as he watched her toy with the pendant he placed on her neck.

"True love is about commitment, not money spent," Annalise smiled down at the cross that rested just below her collar bone and then back up at Ronnie, "I love it."

Ronnie smiled gently at her and then leaned down and kissed her deeply, "I love you, Anna. Forever."