12- Oh You Alphas

Today is the day when Erwin will become commander officially. His office is all set up, tidy and neat, Levi checked it secretly. His duties are all known to him, his squad is picked, which consists of squad leaders and each and everyone of them picked their team. Levi is still struggling with a few, because he seems to be very picky, but Erwin trusts in his judgement.
Ever since that one day, the atmosphere between them changed to a very cold one, but people like Hanji and Mike notice a certain sadness and doubts amongst this cold behaviour from both sides. Certainly Hanji has to poke her nose into this matter and she encourages Levi to make the first step. So he goes to Erwins office. However, his mood drops low again, when he can't find him there. Not even his door is open, but we'll apparently a commander shouldn't have the door open to his office, but what bugs him most is the all too present smell of a specific alpha lingering there. Levi doesn't know where Erwin is, but he follows the scent of the two man up to Erwins private room. When he opens the door, without knocking this time, it is as if he looks at someone entirely different.
Before his eyes stands a serious man in his best age, his muscles are highlighted nicely by the shirt he just finished buttoning up. The formal outfit he has to put on is not so much different from their usual wear, but it is way more exclusive from the materials used. Erwin wearing this, with his serious look on his face, seems now fully like an alpha. Even Levi gets blinded by this combined with the strong alpha smell, that is hitting him.
"Levi! I didn't thought you would come. Come in and don't just stand there. My time is short so what can I do for you?"
Levi clicks annoyed his tongue and his mood drops once more from this cold behaviour, while Mike goes around freely in Erwins room as if it is the most normal thing in the world for him to be there.

Erwin has no mind to pay attention to other people's feelings right now and he surely has no time to care about his own troubled feelings. Ever since it is clear that he will take over the seat of the commander, Erwin started to push his feelings away once more. Almost emotionless he talked to Hanji and Mike about it and assigned them to their tasks. He gave Levi his task as well, but now he sees the mood clearly plastered on Levi's face and his omega is screaming at him to please this alpha again.
So Erwin stops in getting dressed to approach Levi and put a hand on his shoulder.
"Levi please I can't do this without you. I need you not only as a soldier."
For a moment Levi's face gets soft again and he moves a bit into Erwins touch. Not just his alpha feels happy about his words, but also his human heart leaps in his chest.
"You and Mike will be very important from now on. I always need one of you beside me to help me conceal my scent and tell off alphas if needed."
Within milliseconds Levi's face turns from happy to angry and he slaps Erwins hand away. While he turns around he shoots a glare towards Mike, who stands there looking a bit puzzled.
"That's all Erwin? You are... Forget it, commander."
With that he turns and leaves Erwin behind.
"Levi... "
He can't hold him back. Erwins heart is pounding painfully in his chest and it feels like something is ripping apart. The look in Levi's eyes was so hurtful for him, but he doesn't know yet what he did wrong and he has no time to think about it, because his official appointment is near.
"Erwin, that was a bit cold from you."
Erwin looks puzzled at Mike.
"You don't just need him to conceal your scent and all. Why are you pushing him away that much?"
"I am not pushing him away. I don't know what you mean."
"You know exactly what I mean. Erwin you don't help us with getting on good grounds with him."
"Mike we don't have time for this right now."
Mike shuts his mouth and accompanies Erwin to the capital.

"Oh Levi come on Erwin didn't meant it like that."
"Shut up four eyes I know what I have heard. I am just another tool for him! Honestly I have never seen an omega, that makes me so angry."
"Levi calm down."
Hanji can't help, but chuckle. The way Levi is angry only shows her how much he cares for the taller man. Even with both hiding or not wanting to accept how they feel, Hanji knows already and it is amusing for her to watch them. Two idiots struggling with feelings.
"You told me to go to him and that he doesn't mean what he says and I did! I knew I shouldn't listen to you!"
"Pff.. Haha Levi come on. It is still like that. Erwin is just... "
"I know already! He is busy, working his ass off blah blah. Yet that big... Argh forget it. "
"Ohhh that's what it is! Hahaha Oh Levi. You should stop worrying about Mike."
Hani keeps on laughing her ass off, while Levi kills her with his glare.
"What's so funny with that? "
"You know... He hehe... Mike has a nose for someone else."
She winks at Levi and relaxes back into her chair. Now she got Levi's attention again and he relaxes a bit.
"What do you mean with that? Spit it out four eyes."
Her face gets serious, but not hard.
"Well I have seen him linger around the training ground and from the looks of it isn't he only looking for suitable teammates. I caught him chatting with a blonde girl."
"And?"
Levi is annoyed, but he feels lighter now that he knows, that Mike most likely got no interest in Erwin anymore, but he will make sure about that on his own.
"Well I had a little talk with her and you know she is a formidable omega with a strong will herself. Ah look at the time! We will be late. Hurry dear!"
With that she rushes off to the yard and Levi follows more slowly deep in his thoughts and happy about this little information. Mike found an omega to his interest and if it is true what Hanji told him, then Mike is really just there to help Erwin keep his cover up. Still they spend too much time together for Levi's taste, but he will change that.