11 - Tasks Of A Commander

His office is busier than normal, there are more people walking around than normal and all he wants is to be alone now. Officially still commander Keith Shadis sits slightly apathetic in his chair, his former chair, behind his former desk.
'It is the right thing. I did nothing wrong. He will be able to do it. Yes he will be.'
Like a Mantra he tells himself over and over again, that Erwin is stronger than him in his mind and that he doesn't need to be worried. He tries to believe it, but he can't deny is doubts. Not many know that Erwin will be the new commander, but all know, that something is going on, especially those that collect the personal belongings of Keith, while he tries to collect himself. All go quiet as soon as Erwin and his tall alpha friend show up in the door. Two intimidating young alphas, strong, great willpower handsome, clear alpha. Erwin walks up to Keith and places a hand on his shoulder to bring him back in this world.
"Can I do something for you?"
Keith looks up at Erwin. He hasn't said it, but what Erwin already did for him was more than he ever expected. Slowly he shakes his head.
"No thank you Erwin. You already did enough for me. Thank you."
"There is no need to thank me for anything. I expect you to come up with a training plan, that will be suited for the demands the survey corps got on their soldiers. You are essential for my thrive."
Somehow Erwin's words make Keith feel less like a failure. For all his life he worshiped the survey corps and he wanted to bring them further and after failing as commander, Erwin gives him now a new purpose, a better fitting one and he will put all of him into the training of the new cadets. It won't be a easy one, but they will be better prepared for what awaits them.

Erwin is in his own little office in the middle of working out his plan for the survey corps as the door is being opened. Looking up he looks into the little alphas eyes mustering him up and down. It has been a few days, that they talked with one another and Erwin didn't realized how much he had missed this angry face until now.
"Levi please knock before you enter."
Levi's looks gets a bit annoyed. It wasn't the first time Erwin told him that, but right now Erwin had totally missed out his knock.
"I knocked. It's not my problem, that you are dreaming. What are you doing there anyway?"
Levi's alpha is highly annoyed. After the week they had been through he was sure, that Erwin wants him, but he didn't thought he would be that stubborn. But that's not the only reason. Hanji had told him, that Erwin is stubborn and didn't even let Mike close to him at all, even tho Mike already asked Erwin to be his omega. Yet the past week Erwin had spend more time with this big alpha, than with him. Of course who would want a tiny alpha like him anyway from the underground besides that. Levi's patience is running very very thin right now.
"Oh my apologies. I have a lot to do and think about."
"Sure."
Levi's grumpy tone doesn't go by unnoticed and Erwin puts his pen away carefully to not drip on his paper.
"What's wrong Levi?"
"Nothing. I'm sure that what you are doing is nothing for a thug like me to know. Shouldn't your alpha be with you. You look thin."
Levi wasn't wrong there, Erwin did lost some weight. With all the stress and work to do he forgets to eat regularly and keeps leaving his food on the plate. However he is confused about the alpha, so he cocks his head in question.
" I am preparing for taking the role of commander and need to work out plans for our future, strategies, missions, funding, training events ything, that we need. I don't know what you mean with my alpha. You know I don't have one and that I don't want anyone, especially not now and Levi keep your scent under control. "
Unwillingly Levi had started to emit more of his all too good smelling scent. As much as Erin tries to he can't shake off how alluring Levi smells for him. Ever since the first time he has seen him and smelled him, he was captivated by this alpha. It wasn't Levi's skills alone why Erwin wanted him, it was this unnerving feeling, that another omega could get their hands on him, but of course Erwin wouldn't say that out loud just like Levi wouldn't say out loud, that he adores Erwins reaction, but nonetheless he tries to calm himself down. At least Erwin told him what he has been doing.
"So? You are preparing to be announced commander? And Mike just happens to be around you all the time."
The slight growl is all too loud to go by unnoticed and Erwin rolls his eyes, which only makes Levi angrier.
"Mike is my right hand Levi. He will become who I am right now, which means more responsibility. Why are you behaving like that?"
"Why I am behaving like that? Why are you behaving like that? I keep my mouth shut for your shitty secret and for the time in that stinky tiny closet of yours, because that time felt good. Do you know what game you are playing omega commander?"
Erwin jumps out of his seat and rushes over to Levi muffling his mouth and shushing at him.
"Levi quiet. it's not the time to fuss about this."
His omega self panics, cause he made his alpha angry and he wants to set things right, but Levi is way too stubborn and bites into Erwins hand, who immediately withdraws it.
"Levi!"
"No shut it! I have enough of this. One time your are sweet and I want to make you mine and the other time you are such a cold asshole. You and your 'I need to be an alpha' bullshit. You want to be one? Fine stop behaving like an omega then."
Levi huffs out angrily. He doesn't want Erwin to be an alpha, he wants him to be himself. He wants him to be his omega, but he has never felt like this before with no one he has ever met. He cares so much for Erwin, that he let's him do so much, that only hurts Erwin and he can see the struggles in him.
Erwin is baffled for a moment there and he can't hide the slight tint that appears on his cheeks. He hasn't heard this the first time, that an alpha wants to make him his, but he has never returned the feeling, but hearing that from Levi makes his stomach flutter. However, he shakes it off. He doesn't need an alpha, especially not now.
"I apologize for giving you the wrong impression, but I don't need an alpha be it you or Mike. I need to focus on my work and you are either with me or not. "
Levi is about to turn on his heels and storm out when Erwin grabs his arm.
"Levi I need you as a soldier of the survey corps, that I can trust in."
Levi still glares. The tint on Erwins face eased his fury a bit, but that just hurt him and his pride. In his mind he thinks that he is nothing more than a tool for Erwin.
"Sure fine. I'll follow you commander."
He hisses and finally storms out of Erwins small office. Erwin isn't pleased at all and he would love to follow Levi and apologize and tell him, that he doesn't meant it, that he needs him and only him, but Erwin doesn't do that. He goes back to his work, but his mind drifts off to the argument. Erwin knows he said the wrong thing to him, after this confession, but Levi made him angry with assuming, that he needs na alpha,, when he should know that this isn't the case.
"I don't need an alpha. Omegas shouldn't 'need' alphas. Damned moody alphas, always being so full of themselves."
He keeps muttering what he thinks about alphas and what the society thinks of them and omegas. Erwin wants to proof them wrong and show them that omegas can be as good, if not better, as any alpha can be. However this night he seeks warmth in his closet under a bunch of blankets. The soon-to-be commander needs to get himself straight again for his promotion and the mission, that is set afterwards and that all in the coming days and he needs Levi for that as one of the new squad leaders and a tiny bit as an alpha that goes under his skin, but of course he wouldn't admit that.