Rose Quartz

In the morning, I woke to the feeling of soft patterns tracing over my my ribs. Fingertips followed the dip of my waist, over my hip bone, to my thigh, then back upward, coming to rest lightly over my jaw. I felt lips press to the hollow behind my ear.

I inhaled deeply, flexing, shivering as the fatigue was tensed from my muscles. I shifted to my back, eyes fluttering open, squinting in the soft light of the morning.

Taehyung smiled as I peered at him with one eye, rubbing the other with the back of my hand. "You're awake."

"Mm." I hummed in response, somewhat taken aback by the sheer depth of the warmth in his gaze. "You woke up before me. That's new."

He grinned, dropping from his position of being propped up on his elbow to snuggle into my side. "Yeah. Did I tire you out, Noona?"

I slapped my palm down on his bare side, and he just giggled, finding my flustered expression hilarious, clearly. I rolled over, ignoring the subtle ache of muscle fatigue in my thigh joints, turning my back on him. He was unaffected by my snub, cuddling into me, chest against my back. I was feeling a lot of skin against mine, and it was very distracting, but I decided to simply try and go back to sleep.

That is, until he began with the funny business. Lips tracing the back of my neck, hands roaming my torso. I felt something poke the back of my thigh.

I sat up, quickly, "Taehyung!"

He sat up too, pouting. "What? It's normal."

I stood up, taking the covers with me, careful not to look in his direction despite his sulky expression. Even full of complaints as he clearly was, his eyes followed me as I quickly slipped into my dressing gown, tossing the duvet back on him. "Cover up a little, naked man."

He whined, "Come back to bed."

"Are you going to try something again?" His silence was telling. "Time to get up. You can go back to sleep, if you want."

He sighed. "There's no point if you're not here."

My chest squeezed. Somehow, I still wasn't used to how earnest he was. Speaking with that soft fondness, his words filled me with a gentle kind of joy. What did I do to deserve such a man?

Because I was feeling such a way, so suddenly overcome with the softest of emotions, I didn't pull away as I felt him come up behind me, wrapping those long tanned arms around my shoulders. I placed my hands on his forearms, and he sighed contentedly, "I hope we can stay like this."

I smiled at the sentiment, turning my head to kiss his face. He gave me a sidelong look for a moment, before it crumbled into that wide, happy smile, that only he could do so well. "Me too." I chuckled, "Now let me go, I need to shower."

He wrinkled his nose, digging his fingers into the fabric of my dressing gown. But, he didn't stop me from moving, and as I turned to face the bathroom he turned with me, still clinging on like some kind of monkey. I sighed, but was unable to force down the giggle as he nuzzled a ticklish spot on my neck. "I don't want you to shower, you smell good like this." He smiled playfully, squeezing my waist. "I can smell me on you."

I snorted, "You've got some weird interests, you know?"

He grinned, wolfishly, and suddenly he was clenching his arms, lifting me so that my feet no longer touched the ground. I squealed in surprise, a childish and undignified sound, unintentional but loud nonetheless. He span us on the spot, making me yell, but laugh too.

Suddenly, the door slammed open. "Noona! What's-"

Jungkook cut off, staring for a moment, and I peered round over Tae's shoulder to see Namjoon, too, clutching some kind of vase. The door shut in front of them again. I just blinked, slowly registering what had happened as Tae finally let me stand on my own again.