Agate

Tae with blue eyes is so striking. That's why I made him have blue eyes in this fic uvu

- - -

"It's fine, bring her to me." My head felt like it was stuffed full of cotton. The voice crackled through the walkie-talkie one of the men held.

"Yes, Ma'am."

I was shoved along, again, barely staying on my feet. My eyes rolled around in my head, blackness creeping around the corners of my vision. Shortly after pulling me away from Taehyung, I'd struggled so much that they'd forced me still, and I'd felt a stabbing pain as a needle entered my upper arm. That was how I learned what was in the guns that all of the guards carried. Not bullets- tranquilizers.

Taehyung... I fought for consciousness as I remembered his face. He'd been in terrible shape, black and blue and red, not even bandaged. Terrible shape not only because of the physical wounds, but because of his expression. He looked... broken. In that brief glimpse before I called out, he was lifeless. Empty.

I was vaguely aware of my back hitting something, and that I was now horizontal. The straps that secured around my wrists felt far away, a blinding light in my eyes, above me. Hazy, I focused briefly on a black shape leaning over me. The suit wearing woman from before. She wasn't wearing sunglasses this time. Her eyes were a pale, icy blue. "We found it, Seomin-ssi." She said, lowly, the words swimming around in my head. "Thanks for your cooperation."

I wanted to say something back, but as I opened my mouth, it closed again. What had I been thinking? The words were lost to me. What was it?

She smiled, and leaned back, stepping away. My gaze followed her briefly, ears filling with static. Her lips moved, and other shapes danced in my periphery. My consciousness slipped away.

§

Once again, I awoke back in my room. But, rather than slowly coming to, as before, I bolted upright, throwing myself against the glass. "Taehyung-ah!" I knew he was here. The cell I'd seen him in, it had only been a few short metres from mine. "Taehyung-ah, are you there?" There was a kind of desperation in my voice as I called his name.

My throat became hoarse. I called out his name again, weaker, the wooziness finally taking me, and I slid to my knees. It occurred to me that this could be a different cell. I couldn't be sure of anything, here. Nothing was constant.

"He's not here, Seominie." I straightened up at Jimin's voice. It was croaky, breathy. Like he was having trouble speaking. "He was taken somewhere else, shortly after you."

He sounded close to tears. It filled me with dread. "Wh... where..."

"He cracked the glass." His voice broke. "Taetae cracked the glass. You never crack the glass, Seominie. It shouldn't be possible. He..." there was a sniffle, "I don't know what they did with him, but he's not here. He's gone."

The words were too final. Too much. My eyes were filling with tears. I gritted my teeth. Wasn't this too unfair? To reunite us, and then take him away again? Who had I done so wrong in my past life to deserve this? My heart was squeezing in my chest, like Taehyung's fist was clenched around it.

I managed to force out some words. "Jiminie," I heard a soft sob, but didn't mention it, "You knew him? Taehyung."

"He was... one of my brothers. My family." His voice was raspy, and I wondered how much he'd screamed for Taehyung. "He was in that cell, before you."

A few tears slipped out, and I had to laugh at the cruel irony. "I should have asked, before. Why didn't I ask?" He didn't say anything. "He's been with me, Jiminie. He was the one I mentioned before."

"He was? How-"

"No talking." A different voice to the usual cut us off,

"Shut up, Kook-ah." I was surprised by the fierceness of Jimin's growl. "What was he like, outside?! How did he do? Was he okay?!"

I pursed my lips, unsure, not wanting to face the consequences of disobedience. But I couldn't leave him hanging. "He was... badly injured, when I found him. I saw him to a hospital." All that seemed far away, now. It suddenly made sense why he had freaked out so much, then. That place looked so much like this. "And... he had nowhere to go, so I took him in."

"And you ended up in here." Jimin mumbled, probably not meaning me to hear. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry." I said. "I don't regret it."

Before he could say anything else, silence fell on us, because strange noises echoed down the hallways. Then, a blaring, high pitched alarm ripped through the air.

I sprang backward as the door slid open. Scrambling to my feet, I stared, wide-eyed, at the man that stood in the gap.

Kim Namjoon gave me a hard smile, looking strained. "Nice to see you again."