Chapter 2

As Kaley got closer, she could see that Sarah was more or less pouting. Her arms crossed tightly, she was quiet while they other three spoke animatedly.

"Well it's about freaking time!" Maggie spotted Kaley first. She looked irritated and slightly uncomfortable, but all three seemed to be giving Sarah the cold shoulder, "Let's hope you didn't choke, too." It was spoken towards Kaley, but she glared towards Sarah.

"What? Of course not." She slid her phone in her back pocket, her conscious thick with disapproval.

"So, you fucked him?" Mila was blunt and extremely crass, especially when she was insecure. "You better have gotten the pics, Kaley."

"Of course I did...that was the plan wasn't it?" Kaley snapped a little; she wasn't in the mood for their vulgarity. Sarah looked as if their discontent was about to make her cry. Heather stepped between them attempting to make peace.

"All you bitches settle down! Now...let's get some coffee...back to the lodge and we'll talk about this after we get some sleep." Heather looked extremely tired.

"I still don't get why you're so tired. He couldn't have been THAT good." Maggie scoffed. Heather's brightened pink and it was clearly not from the cool wind off of the bay. She walked slightly ahead of the group.

"No shit?" Mila laughed almost mockingly, "I didn't peg Mr. Softie as a marathon man. Damn...shoulda traded you when I had the chance!" She teased.

"Well let's just hope that Mr. Fidget stayed still long enough for you to even get any pictures." Maggie poked her sister in the arm. Mila scowled a little.

"Of course I did. That freak was cool with me taking selfies while we did it. I think he even took a video himself. It was his own fucking idea. How stuff hasn't leaked about him before is a miracle."

"Fess up, Kay...spill it." Heather noticed Kaley hadn't uttered a word on the walk back to their lodge on the other end of the town. Kaley was more interested in Maggie after paying closer attention. Her crossness was usually a sign of dejection; she often projected her anger to cover up her own insecurities.

"How many pics did you snap, Mags?" Kaley's question didn't veil her skepticism. Maggie and Mila could be very intimidating. They often fed off of each other's negativity and pride. Perhaps it was the odd vibe within the group that caused the dissention. But no one seemed as confident as they had the evening before.

"Ha. She didn't even GET any...At least Sarah improvised. Got a picture of the 'genius' on the crapper." Mila scoffed, soon on the receiving end of a closed fist jab in the shoulder from Maggie. Sarah seemed to become even more closed off now. Kaley looked at her with her jaw hanging slack in surprise. She knew Sarah was always desperate for Maggie and Mila's approval; clearly that was still very much true.

"Shut up, you whore. At least I don't have to go get tested for the next 6 months to see what god-awful STD you probably got. Not my fault I couldn't get the little guy to be a man and just take it." Maggie snapped, yanking open the door to the small cafe, "You guys just need to send me all the pics you did get of those losers so I can post them."

"I bet you made a fool of yourself, too." Mila giggled, "I bet you did some sexy dance and everything and he's just like 'NOPE'." A glaring look from Maggie quieted her sister but didn't remove the smirk from her face.

The group quieted after that only speaking to order coffee to go. The rest of the walk back no one spoke. In fact not a word was said to each other once they returned to the lodge. The television provided the only sound that occupied the room other that the thick tension that filled it.