Chapter 4

Me and Stiles walk into the Martin mansion. We had stopped by my house so I could change clothes and make myself not look dead. Right now I'm wearing a white collared blue sailor dress and white flats. The music is so loud and pumps it's way through my body. My vision get blurry for a second and I feel myself start to shift to the right. I grab Stiles arm for balance.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. All the noise and stench of alcohol is making me a bit queasy."

"Let's find Scott quick then." I go outside to look and Stiles looks in the inside. Instead of seeing Scott ,however, I see Derek Hale. I approach him from behind, not bothering to be stealthy because of his wolf hearing. "You watching him too?"

"Yeah."He says simply.

"I wish I could help him but I know nothing of your breed. Would you help me? I'll tell you everything about the ones I know."

"Why are you so anxious to help him? You just met. You can find new friends."

"I honestly thought about just moving somewhere else when I discovered what you are. For some reason I can't leave. I have to help him. I can't let him or anyone else get hurt. I don't want anymore death Derek."

"If only Scott was smart like you."He says with a sigh.

"I'm not smart. I'm just experienced. I'm going to go find Stiles. We'll talk later okay?" I only get a few steps before a tremor racks through my body. There's an intense pain in my abdomen and I fold over on myself. I can feel the bile rising up in my throat. Grabbing myself tighter I let it all out. I feel myself collapse against the ground in pain. Maybe I should have stayed home. Slowly I force my body to get up. I look down and instead of seeing thrown up food, I see blood. I just vomited...blood? What? Is it a side effect of my ring kicking in? Alaric never vomited blood though. Oh well that's not what's important here. I need to find Scott and Stiles. I turn back in the direction of the party and search for them.

They're not here anymore. No Scott, no Allison, no Stiles, no Derek. Shit. I walk to the front of the house and sit on the driveway. Both cars are gone as well. I guess I'll be walking home. With a sigh I push myself from the cement and start walking in the direction of my house. I hope Scott's okay. I'm so tired. My mind briefly flashes back to the episode I had at the party. Should I go to a doctor? If it's because of the ring I'm sure there's nothing a doctor could do. Maybe I should call Bonnie. Maybe she could do a spell. But then she'd tell Elena or Damon. I'm just going to pretend it never happened. There are more important things to worry about. I turn on to my street and stop before Scott's house. He better make it home tonight or I'm gonna bust a cap in his ass.

~

I open my eyes groggily. I check my phone to see 3 messages. One from Scott saying he didn't do anything bad last night. One from Stiles saying he was sorry for abandoning me. And one from Allison saying she was picking me up because she wanted to talk to me about her date last night.

Heaving myself up I walk over to my closet and get out a grey skater skirt, black sweater with white cats, and burgundy high top converse. I jump in the shower doing a quick wash to freshen up and then dry my hair. Putting on my clothes I realize that the skirt is looser than it used to be. Guess all the stress is getting to me. I put on a coat of mascara and jog down the stairs grabbing an apple as I hear Allison honk her horn.

"Good morning!"She says with a big smile when I finally get to her car.

"Morning Al! Thanks for picking me up."

"Are you okay Lil? You look kind of tired."

"What teenage girl isn't tired?" I joke. "I guess the party was just a bit too much when I still had a slight fever." At the mention of the party Allison's cheery attitude turns somber. "Oh no. What happened?"