Tony (iron dad) part 4

They were sat on the couch. Peter. Tony. Pepper. Tony held the cream coloured envelope in his right hand, his left tapping a beat onto his knee, a nervous habit. Pepper was clicking her heals together restlessly and Peter was confused. He was confused and beginning to get more and more anxious because these two weren't saying anything, just staring at him and doing their own respective nervous ticks. Tony was the first to break. He cleared his throat anxiously and gave Peter a scared but warm reassuring smile. Peter immediately relaxed somewhat. Pepper took Peters hand in hers and looked him in the eye.
"Peter, we've been your guardians for 5, almost 6 months now. A-and it has been wonderful.."
She trailed off, not quite knowing what to say. Tony placed his hand on Peters shoulder and Peters eyes immediately snapped back to him, listening intently.
"We've had you for months now Peter, we took you away from the shitty"-Pepper coughed-"um, poor, social services and we let you live here. And you've grown on us kid, not that you needed to, but you've grown on everyone. We're your guardians Peter but we don't want to be anymore, we want to"-
Peters interrupted, eyes wide and glassy, face pale. His hands shook as he answered, voice wavering.
"You don't want me anymore. Ok. That's ok-fine! That's fine d-Mr. Stark, that's obviously your decision"-he kept going despite Tony and Pepper trying to interrupt to get back on track, the tears falling down his face in heavy streams now,-"That's ok, I-I'll find somewhere else to live, I'll be out of your hair soon sir, ma'am. Just let me pack my bags"-
"Peter!"
Tony shouted, hands already either side of his wet face, his fingers wiping away the tears softly.
"We don't want to get rid of you Pete."
He said gently,
"We want to adopt you."

Peter froze. His eyes bulged for the second time that day and he rushed forward, gripping onto the front of Tony's suits, sobbing into his shoulder. Tony's arms folded around him, stroking his back in circles, shushing him to try and calm the wailing boy. Pepper covered Peters head and nape with sweet kisses, tenderly rubbing his stomach as she wrapped her arms around his middle.

Peter started mumbling something that they couldn't quite make out, it getting louder and louder until they could hear it crystal clearly, even with the material of Tony's suit muffling the sound. He chanted yes like a prayer, still wailing, nodding his head as if a broken doll and clutching at his new parents who in turn held him tightly and cooed at him quietly. Pepper looked up through her suspiciously glassy eyes to look at her husband only to see tears of his own falling down his face as he kisses the top of crying Peters head delicately. They would be ok. She was sure of it, she smiled and leaned over their son to kiss Tony softly, then proceeded to kiss both of her boys until they stopped crying and began smiling, and giggling in peters case. Yes, they would be alright.

********************************

3 months later

Tony Stark walked along the corridor of one of his factories, saying hello pleasantly to his workers and checking up on certain projects that needed his attention. A flash of red moved in his peripheral vision and before he could react he was knocked over by a certain spider who had just miscalculated vis flying through a window with way too much force. A sheepish looking Peter looked down infront on his face and he heard the timid,
"S-sorry dad.."
He looked up at his son, god he loved saying that, and gave him a blank look. He pushed himself off of the floor and immediately took Peters head in a headlock, scraping his knuckles against his head while cackling evilly at his sons whining.
"That's not fair! You cheated!"
"Do something about it squirt."
"Daaaaaaaaaaadddddd."
"Whaaaaaaaaaaattttttt"
"You're mean"
"Guilty."
"Dad."
"What?"
Tony smirked at Peter and knuckled his head again before letting go. Peter immediately attached himself in a koala like hug around his dad who proceeded to carry him around like it was natural. Of course, by this time, it was. However that doesn't take away from the fact that a CEO of a company from Hong Kong still saw his boss' soon-to-be partner with a young boy, in baggy clothes that seem to have a red turtleneck hidden underneath, walk into the room and for both of them to get a kiss on forehead, for the young boy, and the lips for the business man himself..

America was weird, he thought.

Ok I hope that was ok for all of you, I had loads of fun writing this little mini story for Tony and hope you enjoy reading it, will continue on this story every once in a while and will complete oneshots containing Dr Strange and Loki but not as often, instead I'll be writing an attack on Titan fanfic or a Sherlock one, haven't decided yet. If you like those maybe tell me which one you'd like more. Thanks.