Bruce

Bruce was messing around in his lab when something, or rather someone, crashed through his window. He jumped up and ran to the red and blue hero as he squirmed around on the floor, trying to get up. He sighed.
"I have a door. You know that, right? Peter?"
He said looking down at the boy. Peter only smiled guiltily.
"Sorry Mr Banner Sir. See I couldn't risk coming in through the door because F.R.I.D.A.Y would've told D-.. Tony and I'm currently forbidden from leaving our floor.."
Bruce raised an unamused eyebrow. He sighed a second time and gently helped Peter up, wincing as the glass beneath him crunched even more. He asked peter what he had done to get himself grounded and Peter looked to the floor, embarrassed.
"I'd rather not say.."
"Alright.? Well I've got to say that you're lucky- Tony was in here a couple of minutes ago searching for something or another to do with his suits. ..not sure why is would be in here.."
He mumbled the last part, thinking and a wince from Peter clicked him back to reality. He started to tape up a few of the bigger gnashes from the glass for Peter, muttering to himself about how he wasn't a 'bloody doctor' . Peter only snickered in reply.
"So why did you decide to turn yourself into a bowling ball and crash through my window? Hmm?"
Bruce asked.
"Ah.. well..."- Peter blushed slightly-"I wanted to.. ah..... ask you something?.."
Bruce looked at him and did the 'go on' motion with his hands. Peter took a deep breath and let it out.
"I have a science fair this weekend and I wanted to ask if you would pretend to be my dad or someone who would go with me? I mean you don't have to! It's just that... well.... Flash kinda.. said something and I wanted to prove him wrong?.."
Bruce blinked and took all the information in. Then he smiled gently and wrapped Peter in a loose embrace.
"I'd love to come Pete. But why me? Tony's free this weekend- and even if he wasn't, he'd make himself free to take you?"
Peter sighed.
"That's the problem, he's always doing so much for me. After May... died... he took me in- even when he didn't have to! I don't want to be a burden to him..."
Bruce squeezed him and explained
"If tony didn't want to do anything with or for you, he wouldn't. Got that? He cares buckets for you Pete. He'd probably admit that magic existed before you got hurt. And that's saying something. Here- ask him, if he's free we'll both go with you and if he's not, then you've got me, good?"
Peter nodded and grinned.
"Thanks Dr Banner!!"
He yelled back as he practically skipped out of the window.
"It's Bruce kid!!!"
Bruce yelled back, smiling fondly.