Rhodey

Ok so I've been given a bunch of different ideas, thanks to everyone that gave me them. I will get around to doing them I'm just focusing on one per character at the moment but I will. Do. Them. I promise. I was given this idea by @fangirlatmidnight so thanks! Enjoy

It was Tony's birthday. Today. To. Day... Peter was stressing out. He hadn't told him. Tony hadn't told him it was his birthday and now he had nothing to give him for his birthday and he would be known as the one person who tony had living in his tower who didn't give tony a present for his birthday. If you couldn't tell- Peter was distraught about not knowing. He should've known! This is Tony-bloody-Stark! Everyone knows Tony Stark's birthday! He's a celebrity! How could he have not known about it?!?!
Peter was too busy thinking to notice a certain sergeant creeping up behind him. His spider sense buzzed a moment too late and he was thrown of his feet and spun around on someone's shoulder. Peter shrieked and struggled as his captor laughed heartily. Sergeant James Rhodey placed him back on his feet and ruffled his hair even more then it already was. Only now noticing the stress on the 15 year olds face he asked
"Hey Pete. You alright there?.."
Peter looked at him, sadness and anxiety clear on his face.
"It's mister Stark's birthday and he didn't tell me! I don't have anything to give him, and I can't go out and buy something now because I don't exactly have money and I can't ask Mister Stark for money to buy his own present!"
James startled as tears appeared in the clearly distraught boys eyes.
"Woah woah woah kid! It's ok! Don't cry, here I'll help you. Why don't we go out and get Tony something from the market? Hmm?"
Peter nodded, wiping his eyes and giving James a small smile.

********************************

They arrived at the market a few minutes later and decided that they should split up to find something for Tony. Peter looked everywhere and his hope began to dissipate. Nothing seemed to look like something that Tony would like. And it's not like he needs anything like screwdrivers or whatnot. After all- what do you get a guy that has everything? After 30 minutes of looking around for a worthy present, Peter gave up. He sat at the meeting point for James and sulked, a dark cloud hanging over his head. Eventually James showed up and gave a sympathetic smile to the young spider. He patted Peter's shoulder and they left in silence. Empty hands weighing down on Peter's conscious.... An idea spiked Peters mood in seconds as he pulled on James' arm and led them towards a building on the edge of Queens.

********************************

Tony Stark was having a good birthday. He woke to kisses from his beautiful wife Pepper and was given parts for a new robot and another present that was not PG and not to be mentioned in this type of fanfiction. He was given personby James, an explosive cake by Clint and Sam, a beautifully carved knife by Natasha, a mug saying 'Genius billionaire, playboy philanthropist' by Bruce, pop tarts in over 50 flavours by Thor (and Loki, though he will never admit it), an ice block carved in the shape of the suits helmet, enchanted to never melt from Vision and Wanda and a photo album from Steve and Bucky. He hadn't seen Happy yet however no doubt he would get the usual card and 'Happy Birthday Tony, sir.' from him. He was yet to see peter however..
Peter had been living with Tony and the others in the tower for 7 months since May had passed away from the cancer. He had grown on everyone and had become a sort of son to Tony. Yet he still called him Mister Stark sometimes. He was ultimately relieved when Peter called him Tony for the first time, or when he came to Tony to talk after a nightmare instead of him having to find Peter on the roof at 5am. He went to Peters parents and teachers days, his fairs and dropped him off at school personally sometimes. So yeah, he called peter his son, and every once in a while he would notice Peter slip up and almost call him Dad. He must admit that whenever that happened, his heart practically melted into a puddle on the floor. He loved Peter. There was no point in denying it. He saw Peter as his son and he would end anyone or anything that tried to harm him. That boy was the most innocent, kind, loving boy he'd ever met, he didn't have a bad bone in him. So you can imagine Tony's surprise when he went downstairs into one of the game floors to see that that pure, innocent boy, who didn't know what 'being sly' was if it hit him in the face, had set up a party right under his nose (quite literally, considering the party was only two or three floors beneath his own). There were banners and streamers hung up around the room, coloured lights wizzing around the place in different directions and all his workers from the tower and the avengers stood in a crowd in the middle of the room, Peter and his friend Ned at the front of them no less, holding a sign saying 'Happy Birthday Tony!!' shouting "SURPRISE!" at him. Peter sprinted and hugged him quicker then lightening, but his happiness turned into surprise as he was, for the second time that day, picked up and spun around. Only this time by the Tony Stark himself. Tony smiled broadly and didn't let go of Peter for the next ten minutes. Despite the boys embarrassed whines.

********************************

Hours later, it was only the avengers, Peter and Pepper left in the tower- Ned and the workers having left a few hours ago. Everyone was laughing as James retold a story about Tony and himself while in their teens. Peter was reduced to silent laughter at this point, this being the third story they'd been told, tears streaming down his face. He was wedged in between Pepper and Tony and was having the time of his life. He looked up at Tony to see him laughing too. 'This isn't a bad life, not like I thought it'd be, after May. I've got Buck, Cap, Clint, Bruce, Sam and Thor as uncles. Tasha as an aunt (not replacing May of course), Wanda as an older sister and Vision as a somewhat older brother and...'- he looked at Tony again, then moved his head to look at Pepper instead, then back to his lap-'.. and I've finally got a mom and dad..' He smiled again and laid his head on Peppers shoulder before closing his eyes. Pepper moved her hand into his hair, stroking it softly, and looked up to see Tony watching Peter with soft eyes, his own hand moving Peters feet onto his lap. Peter hummed quietly and made himself comfortable before falling into sleep, oblivious to the 10 set of eyes fondly watching.