Goodbye Stranger

Grace hadn't left her room in weeks, Molly brought her meals, and she would leave for work. She hardly smiled anymore, it was like living with Grace, but without Grace.

"Why doesn't she come out anymore?" Ginny asked.

"They were together for a long time," Molly said. "They became more reliant on each other..."

"I thought Percy was the one who couldn't live without her," Ron said.

"Ron... they were truly in love," Molly said. "They became too close emotionally... an-"

"Hi Grace," Ginny said, waving to the brunette.

"Hi Gin," she said dully.

"Do you want anything for dinner, dear?" Molly asked.

"No thanks," Grace said. "I think I'm going to shower and then go to bed."

When Percy returned home from work he collapsed on his bed, he put his face in hands and cried inaudibly.

Hermes was squawking up a storm, "WOULD YOU SHUT UP?!"

He quickly stripped and got into the shower, he shook his head at himself, realizing he forgot a towel.

"Grace! I forgot my-" Percy started, he bit his lip quickly.

Grace walked into the bathroom, upon getting in she realized she forgot to bring shampoo.

"Percy can y-" she stopped herself.

Percy carried on in the shower, looking at himself over, he realized how skinny he was.

How did she stay with me this long? I'm so bony and I'd never be able to protect her. And CHARLIE IS BLOODY RIPPED.

Why'd I have to hit her? I didn't mean to an- she's never gonna forgive me... what have I done? Why am I so pompous? And mean to everyone? I've ruined my life.

Percy slid down the shower wall, crying into his hands.

Grace got lost in her thoughts. This was probably of the hardest weeks of her life. Her brother, worried about if the most evil wizard in history would kill him.  And now the love of her life was off believing that her brother was telling a lie.

As much as she hated and was mad at that man, he just wanted the pain in the ass to hold her and tell her everything was okay.

She slid her back down the shower wall.

When I walked out of the shower and he ran into me... almost saw my breasts.

When I ran into her getting out of the shower... I saw her breasts.

She chuckled.

He chuckled.

I love him.

I love her.

It's too late.

It's too late.

If it wasn't for the several knocks on the door, Grace would've stayed in the shower forever.

"Grace! Are you alright, dear?!" Molly shouted.

"I'm alright!" Grace yelled, suddenly turning off the shower.

You know what? Screw That bastard!

You know what? I have an amazing bloody job! I don't need her! I don't need anyone!

He got out of the shower quickly, getting dressed.

I'm so great! I have a good job! An owl that semi-likes me... and I got outstanding on all my O.W.L.S! I don't need anyone!!

He heard a knock and walked to the door, Charlie was standing there.

"You said you'd be here 20 minutes ago!" Percy yelled. "I'm hungry."

Grace looked in the mirror, she found a pair of scissors in the drawer and cut her hair to her shoulders. She smiled and admired her new haircut.

"So you don't miss her at all?" Charlie asked, sitting on Percy's bed.

Grace went through some of Percy's clothes he left behind, she took all of them out, slowly cutting them up with her scissors.

"Goodbye, Percy."

"Goodbye, Grace."

"Have fun with the ministry!"

"Have fun with the liar!"

"What a bloody traitor."

"What a bitch."

"Hope he's happy now."

"Hope she's happy now."

"I'm certainly happy."

"He's the one who's wrong."

"She's the one who's wrong."

"I tried to see his point of view but it makes no sense!"

"She's being stupid, her point of view makes no sense!"

So you don't miss him at all?

"Of course not."

"So you don't miss her at all?"

"Of course not."

And after all of that, the two laid down in separate beds that night, both still on instinct, reaching out to the other... but of course they were alone. Mad at the other they went to bed.

But as if something both hit them like a rock they woke up suddenly. They realized something that they couldn't at the time.

They missed each other.