Ch.1 Her Return

Mystic Falls was the epicenter of all things supernatural. So much has happened in the last few months and many unfortunately fell victim. Those who survived were left to mourn them and hope they didn't have a similar fate waiting for them. Worse of all, Stefan and Klaus were on their way back to Mystic Falls, but none of the small town's residence knew that yet. Behind all of the supernatural drama, one girl was also making her way back to Mystic Falls. Just in time for Prank Night that she knew her sister would be so excited she was here for. Her sister didn't know she was coming back. She especially didn't know that she would be moving in and starting the school year with her. If one thing was for sure, Sheriff Forbes could keep a secret.

Caroline's POV

I was in the middle of putting a box full of plastic solo cups and toilet paper on the ground by the kitchen. The whole vampire life has taken over most of my time, but there was no way in hell I was giving up my role as student body president. It was a good break from all of the supernatural drama, though. Tonight was Senior Prank Night and I was just about to start loading the car when I heard a knock at the door. Confused, I walked towards the door and opened it. On the other side stands a face I longed to see for the last two years.

"Lillian!" I yelled excitedly. A smile lit up her crystal blue eyes. 

"Hey Caroline! I missed you! Is mom home too?" 

"No, but get over here you little brat. Thinking you could come home and avoid me pestering you. Oh! And you're just in time. Prank Night is tonight. You're coming! How long are you staying for anyway?" I spoke while bringing her into my tight hug, slightly forgetting about the vampire strength I have as well. I was just so happy to see her again.

"Well about that... Guess who's doing senior year with you." 

"No way! Oh my god I can't wait. This is going to be the best year ever. Come on! Help me put these boxes in the car and we can head over to the grill. I'm sure Matt can't wait to see you."

"Sure! Let me just throw this is my room real quick." She said gesturing to her bag. She practically ran to her room and back. 

"Okay, you grab those two and I'll take these two." We both grabbed our boxes and made our way out to the car. After putting them in the backseat we drove off to the Grill. I asked her all about school and why she came back. We talked the whole ride over and apparently a lot of the reason she came back was because she missed me. Me! I don't think I've heard that one in awhile and man does it feel good!

Parking in one of the spots, we got out and headed inside. Lillian must have spotted Matt easily because she just kept walking straight to the bar. 

"Matty!" She yelled.

"Lillian? Is it really you?" 

"Yes Matty it's me. As alive as always!" She giggled as he came towards her around the bar. Their relationship was always weird to me. One second they didn't know each other and once they met, instant brother and sister relationship.

"Aw!" He spoke, picking her up and spinning her around a little. "How's my little Lils? Any guys after my favorite little sister? Do I have to beat anyone up? You know I will." Giggles followed his interrogation.

"No Matty. No guys to beat up. Some spoiled brats who have their daddy's money, but no men. Don't worry."

"Okay, fine. I'm just happy to have my Lils back. Tell me. How long are you staying?"

"Senior year. Your girl skipped a grade. Looks like I'm on your level Matty. Try to keep up. Okay?" After letting them catch up, I walked over to the bar where they were standing.