Welcome

Rey's POV

I ran as fast as I could. I just had to get away. The vampire was after me. He attacked my village and killed half of it. I didn't want to die, not yet. I just couldn't see in the darkness. It felt impossible to escape him. I didn't realize there was a fallen tree in front of me. I fell over it into the mud.

I guess I hit my head pretty hard because I passed out.

It should have been over. He should have got me and drank me up.

I woke up in a moon lit room. My face and hair had been cleaned of mud but my dress was still covered with it. I sat up and looked around. I seemed to be in a bedroom. It was an extremely nice room to say the least. The door leading to the room opened. I held my breath, expecting someone strange to walk in.

It was a surprise to see fairly young man walk in. He stared at me for a moment before saying "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb your rest. I was just checking on you."

He began to walk away and I said "Wait, come back."

He looked back at me and came closer to me. He sat down beside the bed. His pale skin seemed oddly handsome in the moon light. It paired perfectly with his long, black hair.

"Where am I?"

He stared blankly at me a moment before responding.

"You're my guest."

"Your guest?"

He looked outside and said "Yes, you'll be wanting to stay here for a while. It's safe. Unlike out there, you know. I'll keep you safe. It's a mess out there. You'll get yourself hurt, maybe even killed. You better be glad I found you when I did."

I nodded and said "Thank you."

He smiled and said "My pleasure. You should get changed. There's dresses in the closet. I'll leave you to change. Meet me downstairs for tea."

I nodded and he left. I got up after he shut the door and walked over to the closet. It was full of beautiful dresses. I looked through them, knowing that he probably had a wife, and feeling like it would be greedy if I were to take an extremely nice one. I changed into a tan one, with just a few white frills.

I walked out of the bedroom and down the stairs. I found myself walking around in the most beautiful hallway I had ever seen, especially with the moonlight pouring in before I ended up in the kitchen. The man was standing there in the darkness. He turned around and looked at me. I asked "Are you alright?"

He laughed and said "Yes, I was just thinking to myself. Just a few things, none of any concern. Anyways, what is your name?"

I responded "Rey, and yours?"

He sighed "Most people call me Kylo."

I nodded and said "Kylo, I like it."

The tea came to a boil and he said "Well the tea is ready. You go sit down and I'll bring it to you."

I walked over into the dining room and sat down. Kylo brought the tea over and placed it down in front of me. I smiled and said "Thank you."

He nodded and said "You're welcome."

He sat down in front of me and took a cup. He then took a sip. I just stared into the blood red tea and asked "What kind is this?"

Kylo smiled and said "Just a mixture of different roots and things. Take a sip, it's absolutely delicious."

I nodded and took a sip. It did taste quite nice. I smiled back at Kylo and said "You're right."

We just sat there drinking in silence before I asked "Where's your wife?"

His face went straight and cold. He muttered "She was killed. It was a long time ago. It doesn't matter. You seem to be a lot like her though."

I asked "How did she die?"

Kylo put his hand to his face and said "She was beheaded. I watched the whole thing. They tied her down and cut her head straight off while she cried my name. I couldn't do a thing."

I whispered "I'm sorry about that."

He tried to smile. I asked "Will you ever remarry?"

He looked at me and said "Maybe, I've put little thought into it. You know I've been keeping myself busy here. You know."

I nodded and said "Yeah, I live by myself too. Just a poor towns person, fresh out of the orphanage. I know it's not exactly flattering."

He asked "Why would someone like you be in an orphanage? You're beautiful."

I blushed a little and said "Thank you, Kylo. I'm just not flattering in what I usually wear."