"I love you, too. But this.." Alec said while quickly looking at Isabelle then back at me.

"Hey, you know what? Give me a minute. Here's a word you never hear me say. Please?" Blondie said with a small smile on his face.

"What is with you? Really, no, what is with him?" Alec said while walking to the door.

"Walk with me, big brother. I'll explain it to you. Nalani you can get dressed and come find us if you like. Your clothes are over on the chair." Isabelle said right before pulling Alec out of the room.

I got up and looked down at what I was wearing. It was a black shirt that was big on me, "Whose shirt is this, Blondie?" I asked. He just smirked at me, "It's Alec's shirt, Nalani."

Clary just started laughing. I just smiled and walked into the bathroom. I changed into the strapless dress and walked out after pulling my hair out of the ponytail. I saw Clary looking in the mirror. "Hey, I just got off the phone with Simon. He's here and I'm going outside to see him. Do you wanna come with?"

I just shook my head and walked out of the room. Clary and Blondie followed me. Except they walked outside and I went in search of Isabelle and Alec. I finally found them and made my way over.

"Isabelle, do you have a jacket I can put over this dress? I'm going to go outside with Clary and Blondie." I asked her. She just shook her head but Alec looked at me and what I was wearing, "You can wear my jacket. You'll be really cold out there in that dress." I smiled and let him wrap his jacket around me.

When he was done I hugged him. I don't think he was expecting it because it took a minute for him to hug me back. We hugged for a couple minutes before Isabelle coughed and we broke apart. I smiled at him and waved at Isabelle before walking towards the doors.

When I walked out I saw Clary in between Simon and Blondie with both of their hands out in front of her. I just stayed at the bottom of the steps and watched what was happening. I have no idea what they are saying but I watched Clary grab Blondie's hand and them walk towards me.

"Hey Si. Hey Blondie, Clary." I waved and Blondie just looked at me with a confused face. "Hey Nalani where did you get that jacket because I'm pretty sure Izzy doesn't own one that looks like that?" Blondie smirked at me.

I just smiled at him, "Alec gave it to me because he didn't want me to be cold when I came out here. Why Blondie?" I asked him. "That's weird. Alec doesn't let anyone wear his jackets. And I mean anyone. Not even his little sister, Izzy. So why would he let someone that he just met wear his jacket?" He asked and I didn't answer because I wasn't sure.

I turned to Simon because I had to ask him something, "Simon, did you drive my car here because there was something's in there I needed?" He just nodded, "Yea I did. Why are there a bunch of bags full of your clothes in there?" "I'll just tell you all later."

They nodded and we walked in. Blondie grabbed Simon's hand and Simon's reaction was so funny. "Woah buddy. What are you doing? I'm not even...." He was cut off by the site of the institute.

We walked into the center of the institute and Simon's questions started, "I don't even... Where are we? What the hell? Clary, Lani, is there a war going on that I don't know about?"

"There is now. I think our mother's at the center of it." I said following Blondie while Simon and Clary stayed back and talked.

"You coming?" I asked them.

" Yeah." Clary answered and grabbed Simon's hand.

"What is this place? There's a lot of gear in here. What'd they do, rob a tech shop? So this cold-blooded killer is gonna help us?" Simon asked while glancing at Blondie.

"He's not a killer. He's protecting us." Clary said while walking in between me and Blondie.

"Specifically, you. It's sort of our thing." Blondie said while looking at Clary. Simon looked like he was about to say something but I stopped him before he could, "What am I? You don't protect me, Blondie?"

He glared at me because he hates that name, "Oh. I'm not gonna protect you my brother is, Alec. I thought you would prefer him over me since you guys are so close." When he finished I became so interested in the floor and blushed.

I hadn't been listening until I heard Alec, "What is going on? Why is there a mundane in the institute?"

Blondie looked over at Alec, "A circle member followed him to get to Clary and Nalani." Alec looked over at me worried and I just nodded at him to say that I was ok and not injured, "He was dead before I went out there. Blondie over there killed him. I'm not hurt or injured."

He just nodded back and Simon looked at me weird because he doesn't know why I said that but Blondie, Clary, and Isabelle all smirked at me. I blushed and hid my face in Alec's jacket.

I quickly realized that it was Alec's jacket and was about to take it off when he realized what I was about to do, "Keep it. I have other jackets I can wear." I just nodded and zipped it up. I looked up and saw that everyone was gone, "Where did everyone go?" I guess I was zoned out for a couple minutes. "Clary and Jace went to talk to Hodge he's the circle member that works at the institute. Izzy took Simon to her room to watch over him because Clary was worried. You were zoned out so I stayed here with you."

I smiled at him and looked around, "Is there anything to do around here that's fun?" He just smiled at me, "Well it depends on what you do for fun bc for me I'd say training." He said I shook my head and got an idea, " Can you come outside with me to my car so I can get my bags?"

He just looked confused, "Why do you have bags? Did you know you were going to come here?" I nodded, "Before I went to Pandemonium and meet up with Clary and Simon for our 18th birthday my mom explained that I'm a shadowhunter and showed me some runes. Clary doesn't know that she told me and I don't plan on telling Clary that I knew. So can you help me also I need a room?

He laughed and started walking up a set of stairs, "Are you coming or do you not want a room?"

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
I'm going to try and update every day. If not then every other day.

-stranger