Twenty-Six

When Justin, Lea, and I got to the carnival, I knew it was going to be a great day. It wasn't overly crowded as it usually was so it was less of a hassle to be out in public with Justin. I was mainly excited about spending the entire day with the two people I care about the most.

"Let's go on a ride!" Lea pointed to a ride that twirled you around in circles.

"Yeah, definitely!" I nodded then turned to Justin with a pout on my face. "Justin can you get us tickets so we can ride it?"

He laughed. "Sure, be right back."

I, along with several other girls, watched him run off to the building where you bought tickets. I smiled at Lea. "Isn't he just amazing?"

"Isn't Ryan just amazing?" She poked me in the side, making me flinch.

"Both of them are! Let's leave it at that."

"Works for me!" There was a short silence between us as I stared at Justin. "So… we should have a double date or something."

"We should. Me with Justin and you with Ryan." I smiled.

"I'd love that!"

I made my eyebrows come together. "So you think you'll ask him out?"

She bit her lip. "I don't think I can…"

I pulled out my phone with an evil smile. I'm not one who would usually do this, but it's for my best friend and if I didn't do it, no one would. I found Ryan's number in my contacts and pressed send. The phone was up to my ear as I turned to look at Lea's horrified face.

"What the hell are you doing?" She tried grabbing the phone away but I shook her off.

Suddenly, I heard someone pick up. "Oh hey Alli, what's up?"

"Um, hey Ryan. I'm at this carnival with Justin and Lea. Whatcha' up to?" I ignored Lea's expression and tried to talk to him.

"Ah, Lea. Don't tell her I said this, but-"

I cut him off. "Wait one second please." I dragged Lea into the restroom where it was quieter and put it on speaker phone. "What were you saying?"

"Okay, don't tell her, but, I think I want to ask her out."

A loud scream came from Lea's mouth. She instantly covered it with her hand.

I laughed. "Sorry, I had to put that on speaker phone. She likes you too, as you can tell from the screaming. I'll give her the phone."

I handed Lea my cell phone as she smiled. "Hey Ryan."

I walked outside to let them talk in private. Justin was standing where we were originally waiting for us.

"Sorry, I called Ryan for Lea," I said as I ran over to him.

He gave me a quick hug and handed me the few tickets he bought. "You're cuter than Cupid though."

"Thanks," I smiled. I felt really good and confident today.

We stood there until Lea came out with the hugest smile ever.

"We have a date tomorrow at 7!" She looked like she might faint.

I gave her a hug to help her stand. "That's amazing!"

"You two are perfect for each other," Justin grinned.

Lea sighed and fixed her hair. "Okay, thank you Alli, I love you! But anyway, back to the carnival. Let's go, girl!"