33

"Chat Noir," Ladybug whispered. "Who are you?"

He blinked, unsure what she could mean. For so long she had told him that they could never know each other's identities, that they would always remain secret. And she had denied him when he suggested that they share identities, if only to make it easier in bad situations.

Ladybug grabbed his hand. "I have an idea."

He blinked. "What?"

She smiled. "I was thinking about how this could work. Hawk Moth came after me because I was a civilian that couldn't defend herself. I was helpless against him so I was the perfect bait for you. And we couldn't be together because of that."

Chat was beginning to follow her.

//

Ladybug's eyes were tearing up a bit. She hated that she hadn't thought of it before. Hated that she had been so reluctant to share who she really was.

"But as Ladybug," she said, "I can defend myself. So I can be your weakness, Chat Noir. With the mask, because there's nothing he can do if we care for each other like this."

He opened his mouth to speak, and stopped. He was shaking his head, as if surprised. "But -"

"Give me three days," she whispered, gripping his hands tight. "Give me three days to figure out your identity on my own before you show it to me."

//

He couldn't believe it. In three days, his lady would see him as...

As Adrien.

He nodded. "May I give you hints?"

She grinned wickedly. "Of course. Otherwise this would be no fun."

//

Once upon a time, their family was happy.

Once upon a time he would smile and say good morning.

Once upon a time, he cared.

But he did now, he realized.

He had never stopped.

//

Marinette Dupain-Cheng walked into class the next morning with a smile. Her steps were light, her eyes bright.

She was happy, excited.

In love with a boy in a mask, that she would soon know completely.

This is short for a reason, but I decided that I needed to update something, so here it is.

The conclusion is nearing!

   And follow me, guys. I'm a kewl person 👌👌