Chapter 33: Not yours.

Comincia dall'inizio

"I know she's under some family pressure. I know she doesn't love Omar. She's only doing this for her family. I know her really well. For her, family comes first. And Arhaan, you must be wondering why I asked you to meet me and break this news to you."

Arhaan was blankly staring at him, just listening to what Zayd was saying though his mind was still soaking in the shock he just received.

"Well, I want you to ask Sanaya to talk to her brother. And her family. To break off this arrangement.", Zayd asked for the 'favour' and Arhaan bitterly laughed insidely.

"Wow! If I could, don't you think I would've done it earlier, for my self, you idiot!", Arhaan literally screamed inside his head.

"Look, I don't know what's true and what's not. I don't wanna break someone's relationship because of what you think.", Arhaan dead-panned as he stood up and left the Cafè only to stop dead in his tracks as he saw Sanaya and Anabiya along with Ruhina approaching.

Sanaya looked pretty disturbed and Anabiya looked pretty normal

"What the hell is going on?", Arhaan questioned.

The girls saw Arhaan and were confused, only to get more confused when they saw Zayd literally running out of the Cafè.

They all looked at each other and then Sanaya sighed.

"What are you doing here, babe? ", Sanaya asked Arhaan and almost everyone, including Arhaan cringed at the word 'babe'.

"That's not the point what he's doing here. The point is what is THIS person doing here?", Anabiya angrily questioned as she pointed towards Zayd who had blood shot eyes with sorrow on his face.

"Calm down!", Sanaya exclaimed.

"Zayd called me saying he needed to talk to you before you get engaged to my brother. Listen to him, once.", Sanaya said to Anabiya.

"WHAT? AND YOU FREAKING DRAGGED ME HERE TO HIM?", Anabiya yelled bewildered at the fact that her bestfriend literally dragged her to meet the person she despised the most.

"Anabiya, listen to me. Please. I love you. I loved you then too. And I know you did. And you still do.", Zayd spoke up, with an unknown emotion laced with his voice.

"Correction. I don't. Maybe I did. But now, I don't.", Anabiya said, tears threatening to fall out and that's when Arhaan realised that maybe Zayd was right. She did love Zayd.

"Don't say this.... we both we-", Zayd was interrupted by Anabiya.

"Shutup, Zayd! You left me hanging four years ago after confessing your stupid feelings to me. You left and posted pictures of yourself with this new girl. You left without any answers. You, Zayd Dawood, made me vulnerable. Vulnerable to love. Do you realise the aftermath? The damage you caused after you left? I had health issues. I drifted away from my religion. From my family. I was depressed. Because of you. I never blamed you though, but guess what? You just triggered me! And before I smash your head, disappear. Go away! Like you did. Four years ago."

Everyone was silent after the outburst. Arhaan could see the tears of anger and disappointment flowing freely down her cheeks. Sanaya looked shocked while Ruhina had tears in her eyes too. Zayd looked guilty.

And Arhaan? He himself had his heart all squeezed and tears stinging his eyes.

He could feel the lump in his throat.

"Let's go....", Sanaya finally spoke up as she took Anabiya's hand and was about to leave when Zayd let out a bitter laugh.

"Where are you taking her? Don't you think it's time now? She deserves to know the truth. The truth about her bestfriend who backstabbed her."