Chapter 33: Not yours.

Start from the beginning

She was already left heartbroken before in this gamble of hearts called love and it took a long time for her to recover. And this time, with Arhaan, the feelings were more strong and there was no way in the world that she would let these feelings captivate her heart and life.

And yes, she knew these feelings were only one-sided. She was the one who fell for Arhaan, again repeating her previous mistake of falling first and that too hard.

Only if she knew he fell for her first. And deep.

All she was aware was that Arhaan and Sanaya were about to get engaged and they looked perfect together.

Whether be it in looks, personality or status.

And Anabiya knew Omar loved her. And there were no seconds thoughts on the fact that she wouldn't break his heart. The heart that loved her dearly.

She was broken and she needed to be mended. Mended by someone who'll love her more than she'll ever love herself.

And for her, the answer was Omar.

Oh but darling, you don't know what fate holds for you in the future. Just be a little careful while taking decisions on just assumptions, my love!

..................................................

The environment between the four, high' luxurious walls was silent. Dead silent.

And so was his heart.

The organ was now only doing it's job of keeping him alive.

Though it craved for the one emotion that was always paired with it.

Love.

And for him, the word wasn't just an emotion. It was a person.

Anabiya.

Arhaan had his eyes fixed on the screen and though it pained because of continuous staring, Arhaan's mind wasn't in the mood to blink.

The physical pain kind of soothed him. Made him forget about the emotional and mental turmoil.

Arhaan was still busy staring at the stock market figures when he received a text from Zayd.

"Need to talk to you. Asap. Meet me at the Cafè near your office."

Arhaan wanted to punch him through the phone but he swallowed the anger blood and headed out of the office building, not before accidently catching a glimpse of Anabiya who was busy working on some paper stuff with Mrs. Coutinho, a smile on her lips that somehow made Arhaan happy.

Yes, these kind of stuff is possible when your soul connects with another one.

Arhaan reached the Cafè and saw Zayd who looked stressed.

"What is it? Zayd, this better be important. I need to ru-", before Arhaan could complete, Zayd said something that crushed Arhaan completely.

"Anabiya is getting engaged to Omar in ten days. The wedding is gonna take place in a month."

And this is how Arhaan was torn from skin to bones.

Arhaan was shocked and all he could do was stand still, frozen.

After a minute or two, he noticed there was Huzaifah too. Who was trying to console Zayd, who looked doomed.

Arhaan was still not sure why Zayd decided to break such a horrific news to him. And before he could ponder more on it, Zayd spoke up.