2/ T H I R T Y - F O U R

Start from the beginning

He sighed heavily, discomfort and stress evident in his face. "O-okay. I will. Promise to contact me when you've settled down. And take care of yourself, will you?" He said and went to hug her again.

"I definitely will." She said and hugged him back. He had been the only supportive person aside from Luke to stay by her side through her worst times. She didn't know how to repay him but she definitely was grateful to have him.

They let go of each other after a short while and he started to talk. "How have you and Luke been?"

"Not good." She said with an unwanted sarcastic chuckle and after a pause she continued. "He continued to do what he wanted." She said pulling the back off her shirt up just enough for Joe to see the yellow and purple bruises. His eyes widened, looking like they were about to pop out of their sockets and in an abrupt movement he stood up nervously.

"I- i... I have to call someone. Wait okay-" before he could finish the doorbell rang again.

Joe's head snapped towards the door and Elliana noticed something was off about him. But she was no better. Who could that be? She wasn't waiting for anyone. Her and Harry are supposed to meet in about 10 minutes.

"Don't open it!!" Joe snapped at her just as she was about to go and open the door.

"Why? Who is it—" just like he heard her, He answered.

"Baby open the door." Luke announced from the other side of the door. Humming a song to himself.

Elliana's terrified eyes couldn't leave the door and her feet seemed glued to the floor. Her hand frozen just above the door knob. And her breath was caught in her throat. Cold sweat started to run down every inch of her body as she stared at the door and her suitcases beside it.

And suddenly like puzzle pieces coming together, she realized. "What did you do?" She mumbled looking down, her hair falling over her face, fists clenched hard by her side and body shaking with fear and anger.

"Elliana I'm sorry." Joe said trying to come closer.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?" She yelled out, hot tears running down her cheeks. Everything was ruined. Everything. She was done for. Luke would come in at any moment knowing exactly what was going on.

And she didn't know what hurt most; her best friend's betrayal, losing her only chance of seeing Harry probably ever again or knowing the pain of the beating that awaited her.

Trembling body fell to the floor as the sound of the door being opened echoed throughout the house along with her sobs.

"Joe. My man! How have you been?" Luke entered, looking like a maniac. Hair frustratingly pulled here and there, eyes red from what looked like crying, hands shaking and eyes wide staring ahead.
He looked mad.

"Elliana, baby. Get up." He said. But she didn't budge knowing if she did get up, it was the end for her. Instead she stayed down, forehead touching the floor as her tears fell to the ground, silent sobs leaving her mouth.

"I'm sorry-"

"I SAID GET THE FUCK UP!!" Not letting her respond to him this time he harshly grabbed her hair, pulling her head up and dragging her to the living room as she screamed and struggled.

"Let go please! I'm sorry!! IM SORRY!! I won't do it again please!!" She started begging and as she finished he threw her there in the middle of the room and that's when she saw his face.