2/ T H I R T Y - T H R E E

The sound of Maia's cries made both me and Elliana turn our heads towards her to see what happened.
Elliana rushed to her side with worried eyes and knelt down on the ground to see what's going on.
"What happened baby? Are you hurt?" Elliana picked our babygirl up and wiped her tears.

She quickly wrapped her hands around Elliana's neck and while still crying, replied. "Mommy, I can't find my coloring book. I think Mason took it. And he won't give it back." She said in her sweet childish voice and I couldn't help but crack a small smile.

Maia is our second child. She is a beautiful little babygirl and she is four years old. Mason is our older boy and he is seven. Mason looked mostly like Elliana. He had blue eyes and dark blonde hair. And my baby Maia had piercing green eyes and dark brown hair which she took after me.

"Oh babygirl, don't cry. Are you sure Mason took it?" Elliana asked her and she nodded with her small head burying her head in Elliana's neck again.

After that, Elliana motioned to me with her head to go and talk to Mason. And I did.

"Mason. Did you take your sister's coloring book?" I asked as I leaned on his room's doorframe and crossed my arms over my chest.

"No dad! I swear." Just as he said that Elliana who was still carrying a crying Maia, appeared behind me.

"Why would I want to color stupid princesses anyway? Ew." He said and picked up his video game to play.

"They are not stupid. They are pretty." Maia told him in a rather loud voice.

"No they are not!" Mason yelled back.

"Hey hey cut it out, okay? Enough." I said in a serious face before they could continue to a bigger fight.

"Maia baby, come with me okay? I want to show you something." I grabbed her from Elliana's grasp and hugged her as she nodded. I let Elliana talk to mason.

I brought her back downstairs in the living room and I laid down on the ground. I took off my t shirt and then I put her on my stomach and sat her down there.

She wiped her tears and looked at me with a confused expression.

"What are you doing daddy?" She asked in her small voice, tilting her head to the side.

"You lost your coloring book right? C'mon baby, color these." I motioned to my tattoos and looked back up at her. "Really?!!" She asked and bounced in excitement, jumping up and down on my stomach.

I let out a throaty groan out of pain, closing my eyes. "Yes Maia. Now go grab your markers before I change my mind."

Just as she got up, I held my stomach in pain. That little devil. But will I get a disease from this? Probably. Is it worth it? I would say yes. Definitely.

She ran back to my laying figure on the ground and sat back down on my stomach, putting each of her legs on each side of my hips.

Elliana came back down hand in hand with mason and took him to the kitchen with her where she was probably making lunch.

I started giggling here and there and put my hands on my face, covering it. "What is it daddy?" Maia asked in an innocent tone making me want to hug her tight and tickle her until there was no energy left in her petite body.

"Nothing sweetheart. It's just tickling daddy." I said and pushed her hair off of her face and pinched her cheek.

I looked at her in awe. How can such beautiful being be my daughter? I love my life. I love her and most importantly I love Elliana who made this possible.
She was focused hard on the butterfly she was trying to color.