New beginnings

With Sydney already gone, my room felt so cold and lonely. An entire eternity passed before my attention was brought to my door.
Waltzing into my room with a sly smile on his face, Jakob returned, with a cup in hand and a swagger in his step.
"Oh well what do you have there mister?" I croaked, the question clearly amuses him as a smile flew upon his face and he spoke with that amazing voice of his,
"Well, I spoke to your nurse and she said she's okay with you having solids as long as you take it slow, so I decided to bring you a shake. Is strawberry banana okay?"
OH MY SHINING STARS!!! I can't believe he actually brought me something, I nodded my head quickly attempting to notion that I absolutely love what he brought. I guess my throat is too dry to speak any more than I have.
Once I managed to down a few sips of my shake, I looked over at him and smiled.
"Hey, thanks for doing this, I know you don't really know me. Granted the circumstances aren't all too great. I really appreciate it."
He smiles and looks up at me,
"Hey I was uh..I was hoping we could talk about how I got here. I know you're probably super embarrassed about how I found out but I'm pretty glad I did. I um...I've been meaning to ask if maybe, once you're out of here, if you want to go out with me sometime?"
Time froze, I was at a complete standstill. I can't believe he just said that, asked those words. I can't believe this, the thing I've wanted the more than anything in my entire high school career. He's my dream guy, how could he possibly like me?
Attempting to hold my own weight and sit up I was reminded of why I was in the hospital, in my own room in the first place. A wince came across my face I don't think someone 5 miles away could miss it. Jakob rushed to my side, and helped me, his touch was electric. I could feel the temperature in my cheeks rise as I looked up at him,
"I would love nothing more, Jakob."
He smiled so large it would fill a billboard on the side of the road, and he knelt down,
"Great, because from what I've heard, we're the perfect pair."
I can't contain the laughter that escapes my mouth as he just gazes at me, with that beautiful twinkle in his eye. He takes my hand in his, grazes his lips against my hand softly, and lays it down by my side. This moment could carry me into bliss 1,000 times over if i let it. But my seven minutes in heaven are interrupted when I see Jakob turn away,
"Going so fast huh?", I give him the shyest smile I can muster and look pleadingly into his eyes.
"Not if you don't want me to, I can stay as long as you want."
The thought gives me a complete and utter rush of relief, as I nod and notion him to pull up a chair. He takes hold of my hand once more and I finally let myself drift off into a slumber I so desperately needed, and yes, I drank my smoothie!