Restless

This cant be happening. My minds crashing down onto itself. Why me? Why my family?  My mom is all i have left. How did this happen, they said she was doing better.
      "A coma they said", Andy sounded so heartbroken, I looked at him, he looked back and pain flashed behind his eyes. The doctor knocked on the door and peeked his head through the crack.
      "Hello, the Kylers correct?", he was way too happy to be working at a hospital. My father nodded and he made his way into the room closing the door behind him. Andy shifted his footing to make room for the doctor, I sat down in the chair next to my mother.
      "Well as you know a coma is unexpectable. There is really no way for us to estimate when she will wake up per say", he bowed his head expecting retalliation but when nothing arose he began to turn away and finally Andy piped up.
      "Is she doing okay though? Are there any other medical issues going on?" his voice cracked and he hung head low as a tear fell.
     "Everything else seems to be healing on track. Also I want to let you know comas are a silent attacker, there are no telltale signs. I would like to extend my apologies for us not mentioning it as a possibility and leaving you in the dark", and with that he left.
      Andy stood there motionless for what seemed like hours. His eyes flowing with sadness, just staring at her motionless body. I felt it my duty to let him grieve in peace so i got up, and headed to the cafeteria. Who am I kidding, smiling when i make eye contact with a stranger, lighting up my face up when someone asks if im okay. I'm just pushing everything I want to feel feel to the side. I'm grieving more than anyone in this family, she's my mother and she's in a coma. Everyone says its okay to be upset, but i dont want people to know how i really feel.
     After what seems to be an hour of messing with my broccoli; pushing it around my plate I decide to head back to my mom's room. Andy's asleep in the chair next to my mom holding her hand. I never thought about how this could be affecting him. I nudge him and gesture out the door with pleading eyes. He nods, gets up kisses mom on the forehead and we head home. The ride home is silent and sorrowful. Suddenly he interrupts the silence,
     "Why dont you call me dad?" he said fidgeting and tapping his foot at the stoplight. I was surprised, but nonetheless i knew the answer.
     "Look Andy-erm-Dad, I barely know you. You've been back in my life for all of two days and the most fatherly thing you've done was made me breakfast. You cant seriously expect me to just jump into this father daughter act. It's gonna take time." I paused and waited for a response. He just stared beyond the dash of the car completely unaware of his surroundings.
___________________________

     Later that day I was laying down in bed and my phone vibrated. I picked up and looked at the screen; it was a text from my aunt . 'Hey sweetheart I just heard about your accident. I'm so sorry, do you wany me to come see you so you can have another girl in the house?' I paused before I answered. I delightfully accepted her offer and then layed my phone back down on my desk.
     It was about nine o-clock at night and i decided I should get some sleep for school tomorrow, after all I didn't want to be tired when i'm talking to Jakob.