Back to The New?

Here we were I hadn't been here in what seemed like forever . My last memories weren't very good , which I regret being my mothers condition isn't too swell .
I had a massive headache trying to comprehend all that I have learned recently .
My dads back , my moms in the hospital , and I'm still alive .
It was just in time for dinner when we got home . Dad however didn't think things through so he dropped me off at the house and ran to grab me Burger King .
I felt so overwhelmed I sat on the couch and before I knew it I was out like a light .

I wake up in my bed with dried up drool running down my chin .
How did i get here ? When did i walk upstairs ?
Next I notice theres a tray of bacon and eggs on my side table along with a glass of milk .
Dad .
After devouring what seemed like a small breakfast I slowly made my way downstairs hoping there was more.
Andy was sitting at the table reading the newspaper and drinking coffee.
He looked up when he heard me enter the kitchen, " Well look who's up. How did you sleep?".
"I slept just fine. You?".
"Same here".
It was so awkward having a males presence in the house again.
I slathered some butter on some toast and I hurried back upstairs.
To say I casually wondered whatever happened to him would be an understatement but I never thought I would see him again.
Then I remembered , shit I have school.
I raced to get an outfit together, dabbed on some makeup and ran downstairs.
"Andy, can you drive me to school?".
He stared blankly at me momentarily and then asked, "You actually want to go to school with everything that has happened lately?".
I looked at him, "Its what mom would have wanted me to do."
He shrugged his shoulders, grabbed the keys, and headed for the front door.
I stopped dead in my tracks as soon as I saw it, our car.
The windows were completely crashed in, the windshield was cracked and the doors were dented on both sides.
I couldn't possibly get in this car, but I had to.
I walked over, opened the door, lowered myself into what's left of my car and closed the door behind me.
"You okay there champ? You look a little shaken."
"Yea it's just, the last memory I have of this car is me almost dying."
He looks at me with sympathy and pats my shoulder, "It'll get better".
I wince at his gesture and stare straight ahead at our front door.
Can't you just let me have my morning peace??
We pull up in the car line and I jump out of the car, "See ya later Andy".
He suddenly makes this face of sorrow and drives away.
What's his problem?