Dad..?

After a thorough explanation of things I can and can't do , and what to expect from the medicine and all that junk I was finally released from what I felt was hell .
I was still a bit sluggish so I used the hospital walls as a support as I hobbled my way through the halls and down the elevators .
I had reached the Intensive Care Unit and immediately made a b-line for the front desk .
" Hi I'm looking for a patient , it's my mom , they said she was here . Can you tell me what room she's in ? "
The nurse typed away at her computer and asked for a name .
I told her my moms name and she gave be the room number 327 .

Anxiety , happiness , sadness , confusion , they all raced my mind as I made my way around the maze of rooms full of dying or severely sick people keeping an eye out for one room in particular . As I approached her room the door was closed but I heard her bubbly laugh emerge through the door . I was so scared , I didn't want to see her like this , but I had too .
Not taking any notice to the throbbing pain coming from my shoulder I knocked on the door .
A tall man who I vaguely remembered for some reason opened the door and gestured to my mom . I sauntered into her room as the smell of cleaning supplies and chicken invaded my nose . The first thing I heard was the machines .
I was on one of those .
With its incessant beeping I'm surprised she hasn't gone insane . The man behind me carefully placed his hand on my shoulder , I winced and jerked away from him , which increased the already existent headache I decided to ignore .
" She'll be okay soon enough , but until then I'll be taking care of you " .
Who the hell are you ? Why are you in MY moms hospital room ? Why have I not met you before ... Or have I .
He laughed at my confused face and I backed towards my mother .
" And who the hell are you ? "
My moms hand suddenly grasped my arm and caressed it ever so slightly , I turned around and looked into her eyes . It felt like home , she still had the same shimmer she used to . Then a smile slowly crept across her face , she opened her mouth as if she was about to speak but then the man in the jacket interrupted her .
" I'm - I'm Andy ... Your father " .
To say I was in shock would be a total understatement .
Who the hell are you to be claiming to be my father ? And if you really are my father where the hell have you been ? Why did you leave ?
I looked anywhere but at him , I looked at my mothers unfinished meal..chicken , I even looked at the machines pretending to know what they were saying .
This couldn't be happening .

________________________

My parents explained it all , why he was gone , and when he got the call about the crash he rushed to the hospital as fast as he could . He would be staying at my house taking care of me making sure I was okay . Thankfully the only injuries I sustained was a gash to the arm , and a concussion which is why I'm on the medicine .
We said our goodbyes and headed to my house , geez this was gonna be awkward.

Hey guys so I'm sick so I decided since I won't be doing anything but sitting around I decided I'd keep writing my book .
Well here it is !!
Don't forget to fan and comment if you liked it , love you all <3