Chapter 12

Chapter 12

(I do not own Teen Wolf or any of the characters in it)

Rose P.O.V.

Tyler came home just as we were finishing Return of the King. Wow. They really did work long hours. I sighed as Dylan got up to go see him. We had been watching movies all day and he hadn’t tried to kiss me once. Maybe I was wrong and he hadn’t tried to kiss me earlier. If he wanted to kiss me he would have done it after Daniel left right? I mean we have been alone snuggled together on the couch for the entire day so it’s not like he hasn’t had the opportunity.

The two of them came over to where I was still sitting on the couch. Tyler flopped down onto the couch across from me while Dylan went over to pick out another movie. He held up his pick showing us.

“No way.” I said looking at the cover of the DVD case.

“Oh come on, Rose. It’s so good” Dylan said wiggling the movie towards me as if that would make me want to watch it more.

“Dylan, I am not watching Saw. I tried to once and couldn’t even get through the entire movie. It’s way too scary, and I’m not even talking about the bloody parts.”

He didn’t appear to be listening to me as he proceeded to put in the movie and come over to sit down next to me. “Don’t worry, Rose. I’ll protect you” he said putting his arm around me.

I looked over at him and he winked at me, smiling. When he did that, I forgot all about my fears.

My forgetting about being afraid lasted for about five minutes, if that. By the time we finished the movie, I was basically in Dylan’s lap and my head was buried in his chest.

“Rose, it’s over” I heard Dylan say. I lifted up my head and realized how close to him I really was. I was so close I could see little flecks of gold in his brown eyes. I was only inches away from his lips and I think he realized it too because he swallowed hard again like he had before Daniel had come over this morning.

“So Rose cannot watch the Saw movies, obviously.” Tyler’s voice teasing me brought me back and made me realize Dylan and I were not alone. I got up off the couch and ran a hand through my hair.

“Yeah, well I tried to tell you but no one would listen to me.” I said my voice a little shaky, but not from the movie. “I’m gonna go get ready for bed. ‘Night guys.”

I went into the bathroom attached to Dylan’s room to get washed up for bed. Now that I wasn’t alone, the movie was starting to get to me. How was I supposed to fall asleep now? This is why I never watch scary movies. Once I was finished, I opened the door and saw that  Dylan was sitting on the bed looking at his phone. He looked up when he heard me come into the room.

“I figured you might want me to stay in here after watching that,” he said smiling at me.