Grief, Blame, and... Joy?!

Soundwave opened his optics behind his visor. His helm ached. He lifted a servo to the gash on his helm. It wasn't too bad... he had gotten worse. He shakily stood and looked around the room. He was still in the med-bay, surprisingly. Ratchet was looking down at the med-table. He looked sad and tired but mostly sad...
Wheeljack was saying something to him and he was nodding slowly. Neither of them noticed that Soundwave was standing, though...

Wheeljack left the room and Ratchet stood looking down at the table. He sighed defeatedly.

That's when Soundwave saw what was on the table... a little Cybertronian. Maybe only six feet tall. All the monitors were turned off... it didn't make sense...

Soundwave stepped towards the table. Shock lay on it and was still... his Shock...

Ratchet looked up at Soundwave. "I... I'm sorry... I failed... this is my fault..." he said slowly.

Soundwave walked up to the table. He hadn't seen Shock since Cybertron... but there she was just like he remembered her.

Ratchet looked down at Shock. He had known her as Alice and he took it personally that she had died under his watch; so personally that it didn't quite hit him that he was standing unarmed in a room with a loose Decepticon; a Decepticon who just so happened to also care about Alice... and might be looking to blame someone for her death.

Ratchet watched Soundwave. He started to question just how wise it was to be where he was...
Ratchet jumped slightly when Soundwave raised a servo, but... the Decepticon communications officer gently laid his servo on Shock's little helm. It was like Soundwave didn't even care that Ratchet was there.

Soundwave stood by the med-table with his servo gently resting on Shock. He looked down at her with a sadness that Ratchet couldn't understand. Soundwave moved his servo and bent down. He rested his forehelm on Shock and stayed there slumped over the med-table.

Ratchet watched. He had never seen a Decepticon be so emotional over losing someone before, let alone Soundwave of all 'cons! 
Ratchet sighed softly. He looked around the room then quietly walked to the door. Soundwave didn't move other than a slight trembling of his servo. Ratchet opened the door and walked out.

Wheeljack had told Optimus that they lost Alice and the bots had taken it pretty hard when they found out.

The twins, Bluestreak, and Jazz all turned their attention to Ratchet as he exited the med-bay.

"Where's Optimus?" Ratchet asked them.

"He's breakin' the news tah Blaster..." Jazz told him. 

Ratchet nodded.

"I can't believe she's gone..." Sideswipe said sadly, looking at the floor. The bots nodded and were quiet. They had never lost a human friend before even though Alice wasn't truly human.

Prowl walked to them. "Spike and Sparkplug know..." he said solemnly. He sighed. "This wasn't your fault, Ratchet," he said when he saw the look of defeat on Ratchet's face.

"Yes it is!..." Ratchet replied. "It was easy to save Alice. All I had to do was let Soundwave bond with her... and I stopped him. Now she's dead, and there's nothing I can do..." he said.

"C'mon Ratchet... don' do this to yo'self," Jazz told him.

"Speaking of Soundwave, is he still in the room? If he wakes up, we won't know what he'll do," Prowl warned.

Ratchet huffed. "Don't worry, he's up and conscious... but if he was going to attack someone, he would have attacked me when he came to, but he didn't..." Ratchet said opening the door and walking inside. "He hasn't even moved since I left..." he said looking at the grieving Decepticon.