Chapter 5 "Time to party"

Start from the beginning

“That’s what I like about you. You’re not afraid to do those kind of things” If only you knew how scared I was… how nervous I was… how terrified I was when my boss mentioned that I was going to interview One Direction… If only you knew…

“Thanks professor Haynes”

“You’re welcome, I knew this was a great opportunity for you. I just knew it, don’t waste it” when he said that I thought about quitting. Although I did an interview and my boss and One Direction congratulated me afterwards I wasn’t sure if I really liked it because I just came back to the same thing. I was working for Fiona not for BBC Radio 1 so I was a little bit disappointed by that

“About that… I don’t know if I’m sure of doing this… I don’t think I belong to radio Mr Haynes”

“What? Are you serious Miss Miller? You sounded like a professional. Your guests enjoyed along with you. I mean I could know for the sound of your voice that you were actually enjoying that interview” the thing is… apart from being totally nervous and intimidated by a certain person I found myself really comfortable and secure about what I was doing “ and I can tell by the sound of the voices of your guests that they were having a good time as well. Maybe you can’t see it now but I can tell you Leah, this is your place, I think BBC Radio 1 is really good for you. Just think about it please. Consider it because it’s a really good opportunity” He was right… I knew he was but I just couldn’t work for someone who only asks me to buy coffee on the café across the street or salads without sweet corn on it.

“Ok, I’ll think about it. Thank you professor Haynes. It really means a lot to me”

“You’re welcome Miss Miller and congratulations again”

I walked quickly to the parking lot where Dan was already waiting for me with the door already opened and when he saw me he turned off the radio. He was just a sweet guy.

“So…?” he asked when I closed the door.

“Nothing, he just wanted to congratulate me for the interview”

“He listened to it? Wow! I told you Leah, you really did great! I don’t know why you are still considering quitting, I mean, I think you’re going to learn a lot from them”

“You can learn from them, what can I learn from Fiona? How to properly unpluck my eyebrows?” Dan’s laugh filled the car and I couldn’t help but smile as well. “It’s true Dan, what can I say?”

“Well, just wait a few more weeks”

“Yeah, but if I’m doing the same thing, then I’m quitting”

“Well, to change the subject. We have this party tonight. You know Hannah’s friend has this huge house and she invited us. She says it’s gonna be amazing and lots of people from college are going there”

“Who? The blondie who thinks she’s the real Barbie?”