(Ch.9) Attempts

Waking up the next day, you didn't waste a second in getting ready and out the door.

Throwing on the school's uniform, you peaked outside your room's door. There was no one in sight, but you didn't trust the dark enough.

So at an attempt to use your quirk more often, you heightened your hearing by changing the earlobe and the sensitivity which your brain processed sound.

Only the faint collective breathes of everyone in the household could be heard against the choir of crickets from outside. This soft melody didn't help with the way your eyelids started to droop and sag from exhaustion. Opening your eyes quickly, you realized you had almost fallen asleep against the door frame. Ah...

You didn't get a lot of sleep last night due to recurring nightmares. It was a pain, but you didn't have enough control over yourself to control your dreams. A real pity...

Taking a tired peak into the dark hallway, it seemed like no one was up. Sneaking through the halls, you tried not to wake anyone up.

Specifically, Shoto.

Because after yesterday, you didn't want to see his face. You're nightmares mainly consisted of him and Endeavor all night. Additionally, during the sparring match, he brought a subject of importance to light.

You really didn't know him.

He could be pretending to be nice and actually be a manipulative piece of crap like his father. Who knows... who knows...

You sure didn't...

Putting your shoes on, you nearly walked out the door with your shoes on the wrong feet, oops. Fixing them, you made a silent agreement to sleep, properly, when you get home.

Nodding, you wobbled into a wall on your way to the front door. Dammit. Frustration was slowly building up, and you let it out the second your feet hit the cement walkway outside. You started out at a fast paced jog which gradually developed into a full on sprint.

No attention was paid to the passing of blocks underfoot, or to the gorgeous starry sky overhead. Not even the heavenly morning air was gifted a place in your mind. Instead, you let in and out large breathes, which surprisingly, woke you up really well. The steady, controlled pumping of your blood gave you a thrill and escape from tiredness.

Your mind was in other places, or really, other countries.

You were thinking about America; where your old school was, where all your old bullies were, and where all your old friends were.

Err, old friend.

For one foolish, fleeting second, you thought you could make it there if you ran fast enough. But deep down, you knew this idea was stupid.

As of late, you had the bad habit of chasing after stupid dreams...

About a mile away from the Todoroki's, you slowed your pace as sleep was now out of your system. This was when you soon came to realize a forgotten fact from earlier.

A cacophony of car's engines roaring past shook your skull. It felt like your eardrums were being imploded, and your brain was being crushed from the inside out. You stubbornly didn't change your ears back though.

You wanted to try something different, something new, this morning. Just to take your mind off everything and see how it goes.

It was still dark outside; the Sun must have been taking its time in coming back ever since the sparring match last night. The fact that it was dark was the reason behind your next actions.