(Ch.7) Spontaneous Sparring

Going back to the Todoroki's house was going to be tiring. You knew Shoto wouldn't wait for you, but there was still a glimmer of hope as you came up to U.A.'s gate. You tried not to seem too disappointed at his absence. The tiredness from Recovery Girl's quirk tugged at your mind. Shrugging it off, you let yourself admire the azure sky above.

After walking alone for a while, you arrived at your destination. The happiness of coming home vanished as you remember the problems from earlier today.

"All by yourself..."

Only you understood this quirk, at leas, the only one in this country who understood it. Plus, you weren't going to ask your mother for help anytime soon. She would just try to make you use it the same way she does. So you were going to figure this all out by yourself. Get your own fighting style, and make yourself unique despite being another copy of your mother.

You will do this yourself.

No teacher or parent can tell you otherwise. It was a little suffocating and lonely to do it by yourself, but you knew you had too.

So, maybe, to form this new fighting style, you should practice on another hero in training?

You came inside, closing the door behind you.

The whole reason you were thinking about approving your quirk was for a couple of reasons, but it was mainly one idea which had pushed you.

It seemed dark, but you might die at this school if you don't figure out this quirk once and for all. It started out as a feeling, but now you knew. Using this quirk the way you are now might permanently destroy you later on. The aching of your left arm proved this point.

Throwing your stuff into your room, you also threw comfortable workout clothing on. You ignored the fatigue which clawed at your system, begging you to go to bed.

You could push passed it with your quirk. Not healthy, but it's ideal if you want to carry out your plan today.

Wandering the hallways, you became lost quickly. Heh...

Didn't this house have a yard of something? Atleast, some place you won't hit a wall or hurt someone during your training? Or better yet, somewhere no one cared if your blood spilled?

Yeah...

Outside's probably the best option.

Wandering the halls aimlessly, there were no signs of life.

Where is everyone?

Your first thought was to continue being lost, but your next thought told you otherwise. This is a good opportunity.

Time for the first part of your training; to try changing one of your senses and find Shoto.

Standing in the middle of the hallway, you closed your eyes to focus on changing your body. Embracing the feeling of your ears morphing and becoming sensitive to noise, you began to hear someone.

Heavy breathing and the crunching of grass could be heard up ahead. It must be Shoto practicing outside. You should go join him; you can help each other.

Making your way to Shoto, you nearly missed it, but your ears caught the subtle scribbling of a pencil on paper in one of the other rooms. Probably, Fuyumi working on paperwork or something. Guess this shows the extent of your hearing. Pretty damn powerful.

Walking towards the panting, they became louder until you finally slid open one of the outside doors, revealing Shoto. Shoto looked engrossed inside his thoughts as he threw punches.