(Ch.5) Quirk Apprehension Test

You couldn't calm down.

The second you woke up, you knew this was going to be one hell of a day. Last night you barely got a wink of sleep from the uneasiness which bit at you endlessly. The only good part of today was you and Shoto were going to the same class, and the two of you would walk to school together. Shoto's presence during all of this eased your nerves as odd as it sounds.

The walk there was sluggish, but nice with the scent of flowers surrounding you two. Noticing too late, your quirk activated and made your sense of smell acute to enjoy the flowers more.

Bringing your hand up to your face, you gently squeezed your nose shut. Deactivating enhanced senses with your quirk were harder than originally believed. You really shouldn't abuse this quirk too much. You didn't even know how to use it.

"You okay, (L/n)?" Shoto asked with a concerned tone. You blinked in surprise a couple of times before taking your hand off your nose. You must've seemed weird grabbing your nose out of the blue like that.

"Yeah."

Shoto nodded, as if confirming your status, and continued to look ahead. Muffling a sigh, you adjusted the wrinkles out of your shirt. Ever since you ran into Shoto, all beaten up, he was always on edge around you. Like he was waiting for you to fracture into a million pieces. Just so he could be prepared to put you back together.

Silence never bothered you, so the rest of the walk was comfortable. But you weren't sure about Shoto. He kept fidgeting next to you.

Was he okay?

Coming into the school and finding the classroom was easy enough. But meeting everyone was another story. They were all excited about being here. And, you just couldn't relate. Didn't they know what being a hero means?

Slipping past everyone with minimal chatter, you sat down at the far back corner. Shoto took the seat to your right. He started to stare, so to avoid his gaze, you took your phone out. Pretending to be engrossed in a mean game of tic tac toe, Shoto eventually looked away. Thank goodness. You didn't know how long your heart can handle all this attention.

The collective voices of the classroom speaking in unison caught your attention. Everyone was talking about the entrance exam, and how the boy standing at the door right now had outsmarted it. Really? But he looked... normal.

Unnervingly normal. Almost like he was quirkless, kinda normal. Who is this guy?

You overheard a group of people start to introduce themselves.

First was the plain kid, Izuku Midoriya, since everyone was staring at him. It was obvious he was nervous. You're just glad you weren't him. All those eyes really would freak you out.

Next was the super tall kid with thick legs. His name was Tenya Iida. This Iida kid was more serious with his introduction. He kind of scared you with how hero-like he actually was. Maybe these students, just maybe, can become heroes.

The little bubbly girl behind Izuku, tried to do an introduction but was cut short.

"If you're here to make friends, you can pack up your stuff now." You gasped in shock with everyone else. There was a scruffy man in a yellow sleeping bag on the floor.

How did a hobo get in here?!

The hobo took out a small food packet and sucked the life out of it. "Welcome to U.A.'s hero course." He said with little enthusiasm.