(Ch.2) Your Determination

With the help of your quirk, a surge of confidence came over you. All of the fear from before dissolved. And you couldn't help the large breathe which escaped your lips as the pressure was released. It was addictive, this feeling, but your conscious wouldn't let you sink in too deep. You still had a task at hand you had to deal with.

Endeavor.

The pro hero stared, his smile mocking you in the worst of ways. The idea of punching him was smothered by your self-control.

"I see you inherited your mother's quirk," Endeavor spoke, his expression stagnant. "It's truly a shame she married your father."

The fire building up in you roared; this man dare slander your father's name? Swallowing the primal feeling in the back of your throat, you became angrier.

"My father is a great man, Endeavor."

Endeavor's eyes narrowed, and his smile flipped upside down. It gave you great pleasure to know you did that.

"He might be a great man, (Y/n), but he's certainly not a hero."

Clenching your fists and gnashing your teeth in anger, you watched Endeavor leave, victorious. You took a step forward like you were going to follow after him, to finish what he started, but you stopped yourself. Unclenching your fists, you stared at your hands in fear. What did you just do? What were you thinking, using your quirk? You're as bad as your mother.

Thoroughly upset, you set your backpack down onto your futon. It looked like the comfiest place to sleep in the world right now. But you had one more problem to deal with.

Your eyes traveled to Endeavor's son who had watched the whole argument silently. He seemed pissed as well until both of your eyes met. A small piece of pity could be found in his eyes. Haha, pity.

What a familiar emotion for you.

You didn't back down from the son's strong gaze. Instead, you maintained it as you spoke. "Is there a problem?"

"Why are you here?"

"Oh," you added, sitting on the floor which was surprisingly comfortable, "you must be terribly confused."

Gesturing for Endeavor's son to come in, he did, closing the door behind him. Once the two of you were properly seated, you continued your explanation. This boy deserved one since you, a stranger, would be living in his home.

"My name's (Y/n) (L/n). I've come from America to train and become a hero. Now, who are you?"

"Shoto Todoroki."

Your assumption from earlier was correct. "So you are Endeavor's son. Well, it appears we're on the same boat then. I'm the daughter of a hero in America. "You started to twiddle with your thumbs nervously but out of sight. All of the previous emotions your quirk produced finally wore off fully. Leaving you to your normal, nervous self again.

Awkward silence engulfed the air, making you start to become self-conscious. You couldn't handle looking into Shoto's mismatched eyes anymore, so you settled with staring at a pin on your backpack. Then an idea came to you.

"Are you becoming a hero, too?"

"Yeah."

You sweat dropped. His short and sweet answers weren't helping you keep the conversation going. Then you were hit with a realization. Snapping your fingers, Shoto raised a brow in confusion at your sudden outburst. "Are you going to U.A. by any chance, Todoroki?" You made sure to show your artificial excitement to spur him on to speak. You hoped your acting skills were enough to fool Shoto into thinking you wanted to become a hero.