(Ch.1) Meetings & Greetings

-Warning-
There will be swearing in this story and some violence.
You've been warned.

This is all too fast.

Your mother only gave you a couple of days to pack, say goodbye, and study up. Your father didn't even bother to say goodbye. And honestly, you didn't mind all that much. He left you to your mother's mercy the second he figured out you had a quirk. What a coward. But there was no denying, he's a smart coward.

Walking down the street, you couldn't help the sigh which escaped your lips. Your chest felt hollow, almost like you had left your heart back in America. All you can trust now was the head between your own shoulders. And even at times, you don't know if it was right either.

Not much you can do now. You're on a new continent, with strange people, and an extraordinarily different language. How will you manage?

So far, you've done pretty well. The Japanese you had learned in such a short time period was pretty much spot on. At least, no one questioned if you were anything but a native.

All other things aside. You didn't know where you were going. Well, you did know where, you had the address, but you didn't know anything about the person living there. They must be a friend of your mother which doesn't put you in a very good position. Most of your mother's friends were heroes who meant business. They didn't like being interrupted or corrected. They believed they were always right. Like your mother.

And if the person housing you was anything like your mother, they're going to hate that you're arriving late. But it wasn't entirely your fault to begin with.

The plane had been late on arrival by 1 hour 27 minutes and 32 seconds because there was a villain attack at the airport. This wouldn't have been hard to make up with haste if it were not for another villain attack stopping many main roads and all types of public transportation. Sure, you could have used your quirk to help the heroes and quicken the battle incredibly.

But, you didn't.

You still despised this quirk with every bone in your body.

Swatting a bug away from your face, you saw your destination come into sight. It didn't take long to come to the front door and to triple check you were at the right place. The address was typed on the letter, but you noticed something you hadn't earlier, there was a name. Enji Todoroki... Didn't ring a bell...

The house was a large Japanese styled home. Capable to house many people so you might not be living with just one person anymore. What has your mother gotten you into this time?

Raising a shaky (s/c) hand, you knocked on the surface of the door three times. It was late at night. Would you even get an answer? Right when you were about to knock again, the subtle sound of footsteps could be heard approaching the door.

But you weren't prepared for the face you saw peeking through the door crack. Some red hair and a vibrant blue eye met your own (e/c) eyes. But you didn't say a word, an unexplained fear struck you cold.

Your hands became clammy and your throat became dry. Opening your mouth, you looked like a gaping goldfish when nothing came out. What were you suppose to do? Why are you so terrified?

"Who are you?"

The person behind the door asked while opening the door wider, revealing the rest of his face. The right side of his face bore white hair and a lone grey eye. He was split down the middle, and either side clashed in their own way. Two different hair colors and eye colors. How hauntingly beautiful.