"What the heck!!?!"

Outside of our classroom was a hoard of students, all peeking their heads in to get a good look at us. I watch Iida hold onto the door tightly, as he was the one who discovered them. I tap Izuku on the shoulder and point towards the door. Katsuki walked up next to the two of us with his hands in his pockets and a glare on his face as we all stared at the abundance of people.

"Katsuki, whatchu' think they're doing?"

I nudge him with my shoulder and he began to walk forward to get closer to the door. Izuku and I share a worried look, homeboy about to cause more ruckus and mess than there already was.

"They're scoping out the competition idiot, they wanna see the gang who came through the villain ambush. These a**holes want to check us out before the battle."

Izuku and I rush forward, Izuku immediately began apologizing to the students for Katsuki's natural rudeness as I attempted to pull him back into the room. Of course I hesitated, not wanting him to blow up in my face.

"It's pointless to try, so why don't you just f*** off, extras."

I hear Iida nervously reprimand him, as Katsuki aggressively glares at the other students of UA. Suddenly messy purple hair came into view, my breath hitched in my throat and I immediately began to feel my heart thumping harshly against my chest.

"I came to see what you kids are made of, but I didn't think you'd be this arrogant. Are all kids enrolled at the department of heroics this way?"

I felt a sharp sting in my chest at Hitoshi's words, no of course not, he doesn't think I'm arrogant at all, right? His lavender eyes find my blue ones as he sends a smirk in my direction.

"All except one at least."

I inhale sharply, the blood rushing immediately to my face as I feel the bridge of my nose and my neck warm up.

"I'm a bit disillusioned, so that's it huh? There's lots of kids who wind up in the general studies course or other departments because they failed the heroics one. Do you know that?"

No, I didn't. I watch Hitoshi rub the back of his neck, looking completely bored with the situation. Does this mean he always wanted to be a hero? Is that why he didn't talk to me much about general studies? Then why wouldn't he tell me more about his quirk?

"And based on the results of the sports festival, people can be reviewed to transfer to heroics."

So that's his goal all along?

"And the reverse is also a possible outcome...scoping out the competition? If nothing else, a general Ed. kid like me is thinking 'hey, why don't I try pulling the rug right out from under those heroics kids while they're on their high horses?' Consider it a declaration of war."

He glared at all of us defiantly, suddenly a gray haired kid with weird rings around his eyes began to shout at us. I didn't pay attention, he didn't matter, all I could think about was the purple haired boy that just challenged us. He made eye contact with me again, his facial features never softened like I thought they would, like I wanted them to. My heart panged in my chest as I stared at him.

"Declare war, huh?"

I mumbled, laughing softly to myself. So this was all just a way to get to the hero course? All except one at least. I look back up to him, a large smile gracing my lips. Oh, I'll give him a war all right. He smiled back at me and caught me completely off guard like always.

"Don't embarrass us during the main event, you hear me?!"

Katsuki stepped forward, the cold stare in his eyes never left since the incident first occurred.

"Wait a second man, what did you just do?! Now we're gonna get haters all up in our grill!"

Kirishima stepped forward quickly, along with Izuku and Iida.

"It doesn't matter. None of that matters once you're at the top."

With those final words, Katsuki pushed through the crowd. I tightened my grip on my bag and walked forward, ready to leave the school and get home as quick as possible, maybe if I get there a little early I can train a bit before I have to cook dinner. As I began to walk past Hitoshi, he stared down at me with soft purple eyes. His hand quickly grabbed my forearm, his grip wasn't tight whatsoever; in fact, his hand felt soft as he cradled my arm despite his calloused hands. Kirishima and Izuku quickly stepped forward.

"H-Hey!"

Hitoshi ignored them and softly turned me around to face him. My heart exploded and my skin felt burning hot in the area that he touched. He smiled softly at me and moved some of my black strands of hair out of my face.

"I'll see you tomorrow right?"

I nod quickly, the blush spreading furiously to my cheeks.

"Just like always!"

(Oof, I hope the format came out right, I published this on my phone.)