Chapter Twenty-Six ; Miss You

By now I was freaking out. He couldn't have gone far from here, or maybe he's home. Whichever I believed he did, I told Geoff, not wanting to make matters worse than they already are. Truly, I hoped Awsten was okay.

I called Geoff, asking if I can come over and explain to him everything. When the words came out of my mouth, he felt instant relief knowing he'd get some closure.

Knocking on the door, I wobbled on the balls of my feet to my heel, waiting for him to open it for me. After what felt like forever, Geoff appeared in front of me, hiding the fact that he was scared for his life and the life of his best friend.

"Get on in here!" He exclaimed, pretending like he was okay. His place felt very cosy, what I needed right now to feel safe. "Don't hold back, tell me everything."

We sat at his dinner table, both sipping coffee he made prior to me arriving. "We were watching The Office," I started, and began to tell today's whole story.

At the end of my very long and emotional explanation, we were both deathly worried about what Awsten was up to now. Geoff thinks he would be at home, cuddled up in all of his blankets, finishing off what we were watching. I think Awsten's in the park we met.

No matter what he thought, it's where he really is is what matters. It would take some time for us to be comfortable to find where he is, so Geoff invited me to stay longer, play video games with him.

I watched as he played Legend of Zelda for about a half an hour, until he got bored of me not playing, and offered to destroy me in Mario Kart. With the understanding that I'd lose every race, I grabbed a controller.

After so many losses, I told Geoff it was time for me to start heading back to my place. On the way out, I ran into his girlfriend, Chloe. We said our hellos and I got into my car. It wasn't until I was pulling out of the driveway when I realized that she was pregnant, and most likely nine months in. Some things you can never expect.

No matter my recent discovery, the only thing on my mind is Awsten. Him being alone, especially at a time like this, is extremely scary. He hasn't answered Geoff's texts or calls, giving out a huge red flag. Mentally writing a list, I set multiple destinations for me; the first being the park. 

Parking next to the child's playground, I got out and looked about everywhere and anywhere, hoping that around the corner would be the purple haired boy. Paranoia set in, the feeling of him being here was haunting me. I most likely looked suspicious, wandering the park.

Later, after not finding him in the green park, I got in my car and drove off to his apartment. The view of it made my stomach hurt, afraid that he's not in there. 

Knocking on the door softly, but loud enough for anyone inside to hear, I waited boldly for him to turn the knob. That time never came. Two minutes passed and there was no noise inside, making my heart drop.

The last place on my list was my work, the coffee shop. This is the last place I'll be visiting today but will come back tomorrow to double check. I'll double check every area I was at today, in hopes of finding him.

For the second time today, I entered the coffee shop. Robert's eyes shot to me, immediately happy. No one was sitting at the tables, nor at the bar stools. The sight of the empty seats made my heart drop once again.

"How's it going!" He exclaimed, exiting behind the workspace to hang out with me. We leaned against the counter, both smiling, yet one fake.

"Awsten's missing." My smile disappeared, feeling tears in my eyes right away. As much as I would like to hide how heartbroken that Awsten is nowhere to be found, I couldn't hide it forever. "We had a fight. I'm stupid."

We conversed about the topic, Robert telling me it wasn't my fault but I know whose fault it was.  The sun was starting to set, and the coffee shop was closing. Robert invited me over to his place for the night, convincing me it would feel better to have company tonight.

Driving to his apartment building, the Awsten situation kept popping into my mind. I shouldn't be wasting my time with Robert, I should be texting Awsten, trying to find out where he is. But as I pulled into the parking lot, I couldn't ditch.

"There's a guest room right next to mine. We can watch a movie or something," he said as we stood in the elevator.

A small mirror was above the buttons of the elevator, reflecting an unknown version of myself. Whether it be the elevator lighting or I actually looked like this, it was sickening. Purple eyebags below my dull brown eyes, begging to sleep. My lips along with my entire face were more pale than usual. I really did need to sleep.

Unlocking the door to his apartment, Robert allowed me in first. As soon as I step foot in his place, I wanted to pass out. Everything felt heavy, my legs wanted to collapse. The only thing keeping me walking was the need to be a decent guest to Robert.

"You get yourself comfortable, I'll grab a movie," he told me, leaving me to myself in the living room. Not to say I thought he was a messy person, but this is way more organized than I expected from him.

Grabbing the blanket that was draping off of his sofa, I put it over top of my freezing body. The one thing I wanted to warm me was Awsten, cuddled against me, as we watched The Office. I hope he's okay.

Robert came back with The Little Mermaid and inputted it into his DVD player. As the movie started playing, I caught him scooting closer to me. Just because I can't find Awsten doesn't mean he'll be gone forever. He's still my boyfriend.

By the end of the film, I felt very pressured. Robert had his arm around my neck, sitting so close to me. I'd do anything to get out of this situation, and that's exactly what I did.

"Actually, I'm tired," I said right when the credits started to roll and Robert was about to go and get another movie. "See you in the morning."

The amount of disappointment on his face was immeasurable, but I really wanted to get away from whatever he was trying. Excusing myself, I folded the blanket back on the couch and tiredly walked into the guest room.

A bed with a white duvet and white pillows, pleasing to the eye. It made me miss being with Awsten. No matter how hard I try, I can't help but imagine where he could be.

Our fight could have been either of our faults. It was my fault for calling him out on it, but his fault for not being his own person. Overall, it was all me.

Turning off the light in the room and getting into bed with my morning clothes, I set my phone on the night table and laid with my eyes open. My mind ran with thoughts of where Awsten could be or what he was doing.

He could be with Otto, I never checked his house. He could be in his house, I was never inside to see. There's no other place he could be aside from those two. Hopefully, he is at one of those places.

As I was about to lose consciousness, a sound woke me up. To be specific, a vibration. My phone next to me was shaking, pleading to be answered. I sighed, hating that I was brought out of my sleep for this. Whoever it was, they better have a good explanation for why they're calling so late.

Incoming call...

Awsten Knight

-Reminder to leave a vote if you enjoyed this!-