Chapter Twenty-Four ; Grateful

He lied about that being our last time until the end of the tour. After the show in Pinarella, he rushed us back to the hotel room, shutting the door loudly, pushing us onto the soft bed. There was no reason behind his actions, aside from being all hyped up from the crowd that he felt as if he could do anything.

Replanting the hickeys that were fading, he made sure to remind me that I was his. These love bruises are coming from him and staying with me.

Now it was the final day. March twentieth, Paris. Tomorrow is our flight back to Houston and then sleeping for a week after we get home. For now, we need to get ready for soundcheck, for the last time this tour.

I sat on the ground floor, watching Awsten as if I was a fan. He belted out the lyrics that I knew were directed at me, smiling in the process. It would mean more if the songs he's singing to me weren't written about his ex-girlfriend, though.

"Doors open in half an hour," Lucas said, walking on stage and halting all of the sounds. "Put your stuff away, go hang out or something until it's your time."

After placing their things where they got them, Awsten leads me to the room dedicated to the performers, that being Waterparks for today.

"Think you're up for a few episodes of The Office?" He asked, already turning on the small television in the corner. Selecting Netflix on the apps, he used the account that was signed in, being the venue's account.

Nodding, I sat down on the couch, waiting for Awsten to sit next to me. The episode began to play and he set the remote down on the table in front of the couch. Sitting so close to me that our legs were basically on top of each other, he put his arm on the cushion behind me, rubbing the backside of my neck.

Right after the first episode, we heard the openers go on, the drums reverberating. It became hard to watch a show when all you can focus on is the constant banging.

"Here's something I wanted to do," Awsten said as he slithered down from his seat onto the floor. "Let's talk about us."

With no knowledge of what was about to happen, I joined him on the matted carpet. Our head laying softly, staring up at the ceiling, much like we did that one time at my place.

When I finally felt comfortable, Awsten shot the first question, "Do you remember the day we met?"

How could I not? "Of course I do, I'd hate myself if I didn't" He looked at me as if asking for my side of the story - of our story. "We met at a park. I looked up from my notebook and you seemed like you were going to break down. I'm so glad I talked to you that day."

I wouldn't have been in Europe for an entire month without him. He wouldn't be doing these shows without me.

"But do you remember when you started to fall for me?" I asked, turning my head to face him. We laid side by side, him slipping his hand into mine.

"Twice," he started. "The first was when you dropped me off at Otto's." I tried to recreate the night in my mind. What stuck with him to make him love me? "They liked you and I did too, just a little more than they did. You being a lifesaver and taking care of me that day made me feel like everything was fake. Nothing was real until you asked me if I was okay."

Time didn't feel like it was moving. Being anywhere with Awsten alone gives off the impression of time staying still.

"And? What was the second?" I questioned, scanning his face, loving every inch. My thumb ran across his hand, tracing circles to let me know he's real.

"The night we watched Titanic together." I knew that must have been a special night for the both of us. That let me into his world a little more than I was already. "You asked me to sleep in the same bed, and when I did I got a buzz run down my spine. What made it worse was when you hugged me as we slept."