Pizza and New Beginnings

ASHTON

Unfortunately for me, Charlotte ended staying for all of band practise, which resulted in a few slaps around the back of the head from the boys because I was getting so distracted, but c'mon, who can blame me?

Hours later we finally decided to call practise to a close and decided to order some pizza.

We we're all lounging around the living room still trying to decide what pizza we were going to order.

"Okay, so before I get this wrong and you all kill me," Michael began, "We have four hawaiians and two pepperoni's, upsize on one pepperoni's, two upsizes for the hawaiians and 4 packets of large chips. Yes?"

So, yes, we did end up spending $50 or so on pizza but, it was so worth it.

The boys and Jamie and Charlotte and I were all sitting outside around the fire, eating, doing nothing, but it was relaxing. Calum was telling a story about how he walked into the supermarket and blah blah blah. In all honesty, I just zoned out, because, really, who cares.

Looking over at Charlotte, I noticed she was shivering over on the other side of the fire and looked like she was about to pass out from boredom, good to know I'm not the only one.

Quietly Charlotte excused herself, and so did I.

"Couldn't take anymore of that story, huh Char?" I asked, chuckling lightly.

"Yeah..." She replied awkwardly walking away.

Grabbing her arm, I looked her in the eye and said, "Look, Charlotte, I'm sorry how I behaved yesterday and this morning, I'm an ass. The biggest ass. The biggest ass in the history of asses. So, I was wondering, can we start over please?" I asked.

I don't know why I did what I just did. I guess I felt bad? I don't know! I've never felt like this before. Like, I want to stop being a shithead for just a minute and actually try to be nice for once.

She looked at me in confusion, even Charlotte, who had known me for little over 24 hours, knows that this is out of character for me.

She stood there for a while, just looking. I was scared for some reason, scared that she'd say no and scared that she'd reject me and I'd just be an asshole to her for the rest of my life.

Charlotte gave a light smile and stuck her hand out, "My name's Charlotte, what's yours Ashton?" She asked, but realised what she'd actually said and started bursting out laughing.

Laughing along with her, I answered, "Charlotte, that's a beautiful name," I said cheekily shaking her outstretched hand, "My names Ashton,"

"Well, Ashton, I reckon we should go back out and join the others before they start to get suspicious," Charlotte spoke.

"Let them. Who cares?" I remarked.

Charlotte turned around and started to walk towards the door, she help up her hand and said, "I do, Irwin,"

I ran out the sliding door to chase after her. When I caught up, I gave her another cheeky grin and replied, "I'm not that bad am I?"

She turned at looked to the side, looked at me for a minute, and then gave a shrug.

In response I gave a fake pout, resulting in another round of laughter from Charlotte.

By this time, we'd gotten back to the fire and Calum was still going with his story, like c'mon man, can you not see? No one cares.

Sitting back down in our original places, we got a few weird looks from around the fire, but they quickly subsided and we all returned to pretending to listen to Calum's dumb story.

CALUM

Where was he taking her? I swear to god, if he hurts her, I'm going to chop both his balls off. Similar to the threat I heard Jamie give him the other night.

But I tried to continue on with my story, which was hilarious, but everyone else seemed to zone out, and eventually, I just stopped talking and started to think.

Ashton really was a prick. He slept with girls, and strung them along for maybe a week if they were lucky and then dumped their asses out on the street like it was some sort of game.

And Charlotte. Charlotte was amazing. It makes me so angry to see him going after her like that.

I heard a laugh coming from the other side of the lawn, and quickly launched back into my story to make it seem as if I hadn't noticed that they had gone.

But boy had I ever.

-

A/N

not edited properly like most chapters

lol oh well