Third Wheeling and The She Devil

CHARLOTTE

"Do you want to come over to Luke's with me?" Jamie had asked when we'd got back to our apartment.

"And be the third-wheel, really?"  No thanks, I had been itching to get on Netflix and watch the new teen wolf episode.

"No, Michael and Calum will be there to," she tried to convince me.

"Yes Jamie, I want to hang out with my brother who now has purple hair, may I add, and the guy who probably still doesn't realise I left his house," you could practically see the sarcasm leaving my mouth.

"What? You went to Calum's house?"

"Yeah, while you were still doing god knows what with Luke last night at the party. It's a long story, I'll tell it to you later. Are we going to go or what?" I asked hoping to drop the subject

"Yeah, but we should probably get out of these clothes first don't you think,"

"Wow, thanks for pointing that out Jamie, I never would've realised," more sarcasm.

"Haha, smart ass," she said, muttering the last part under her breath.

As I turned to walk away, I threw a glance over my shoulder, and yelled back to her, "Heard that!"

Stripping off my work clothes, that smelt like old coffee, I put on new ones.

10 minutes later, I was still waiting for Jamie. Damn that girl takes ages to get ready. We were only going over to Luke's.

"Jamie, can you plea-" I started to yell

"I'm here!" Jamie screamed running down the hall panting.

"It was about time!" I pointed out.

"Eager, are we?" She smirked.

"No, but I hate being kept waiting!"

"Good for you, now let's go." She grabbed my hand and dragged me out the door.

Pulling out the drive, Jamie starting blasting Jasey Rae, which over the years, I learnt quickly, was her favourite song and knew all the words to.

After what seemed like a life time of tortuous singing, we finally pulled up to Luke's.

It's different seeing Luke's place without drunk people and rubbish lying everywhere. It was actually a really nice house.

As we walked inside, we heard loud bangs and various screams could be heard from upstairs. What have the boys gotten themselves into now?

ASHTON

"Michael! Get off my drums! You're going to break them!" If there's one thing in this world I can't stand being wrecked were my drums.

"Give me my guitar pick back then!" he countered.

"Get up of the seat, and then yeah, I may consider giving you're pick back," I reasoned, not that it was a very 'reasoning' statement.

"Michael, leave his drum alone, and Ashton, give him back his pick, we've got stuff to do," Luke grumbled.

Hesitantly, Mike stood up from the drums and I have him back his pick. Just as I'd given it back, Luke stood up to go somewhere.

He went over to the closed door, and in one sharp movement, he opened it, and in came tumbling Charlotte and Jamie.

Luke never said anything about them coming over.

Charlotte looked up and gave a sheepish grin towards Luke and Jamie, like the annoying person  she is, just stood up and smirked.

"Good afternoon boys and Ashton," Seeing Jamie twice in one day was too much. Charlotte on the other hand.

"What were you doing? You know you could've just came in like normal people," Michael addressed Charlotte.

"We could've, but we didn't," Charlotte shrugged carelessly. Did she know this Michael guy?

"Hi guys, sorry I'm late, the traffic from my place was really bad," An annoying voice said walking through the door. First Jamie and now Calum? Whos next? Justin Bieber?

Calum saw me and his expression turned dark

"Luke," I called, Calum calling out at the same time, "What is this loser doing here? He hasn't been at our last few band practises," I questioned but Luke wasn't in the room.

"For your information, Irwin," Calum started putting emphasis on my last name. "I've been busy, but my question is what are you doing here?" he replied. Everyone else in the room was oblivious to our conversation, expect for Charlotte who was keeping a weary eye on us.

At that moment, Luke finally decided to walk in.

"I see you two have meet then," he decided that that would be the ideal thing to say.

"No shit Sherlock," Calum said.

"Calum, we needed a drummer, so we called in Ash, he's actually really good, no big deal," Luke said. Maybe that will put him in his place.

"Luke, can I talk to you outside please?" Calum asked and pulled him outside.

I walked over to Charlotte, the She-Devil and Michael who were sitting over by the guitar stands. Luke's parents being mega-rich had its perks. They felt bad for leaving Luke for weeks at a time, so they gave him a music studio. A fully kitted out music studio.

They were laughing about some joke Michael made.

"Hey Mike, how do you know Charlotte," asking publicly.

"Uh, yeah, she's my sister, why?" he said awkwardly.

"No reason,"  Feeling just as awkward as everyone else.

At that moment, Luke and Calum walked back through the door and things became more tense and awkward than it already was.

"So, uh, should we start? Or are we just going to stand here like losers?" Luke asked.

Mumbles could be heard around the room agreeing with Luke.

I set myself up at my drums and twirled my drumsticks around my fingers watching everyone get set up.

In a couple days we had our first gig and we weren't very prepared for it in all honesty.

Calum went over to one of the guitar stands and picked up a black bass guitar. So that's what he does. He put it down realising that for the set that we were doing didn't need his area of 'expertise'

Starting to play Teenage Dirtbag I noticed Charlotte looking at me, and I held her gaze, but she quickly turned away blushing.

But I still kept looking at her, noticing how her brown hair was tied up in a messy bun, different from the night before.

"Ashton! Snap out of it! You're normally better than this," Luke said accusingly, Michael nodding furiously and Calum, was looking smug.

What is this girl doing to me?

-

A/N

this took me a life time and a half to write and yet I think my six year old sister could write better than this opps.

oh yeah, I kinda screwed up the last chapter so go back and read it pleaseee. hopefully it should make more sense.

-hannah