Chapter One

dedicated to madeleine;
to who i am forever in debt with due to your kindness.

this book is for you 🤍
thank you.

DISCLAIMER
This book is having a drastic change.
Emma's name is now Emery.

Most comments will probably not make sense so ignore them and write your own.

Please keep your hands, feet and useless opinions to yourself.

Thank you and enjoy if you wish.

_________________
E M E R Y

i met my new step brothers at our parents wedding.

hannon is the oldest of the brothers, he's twenty four and lives in an apartment with his girlfriend, ryeo, who is a successful fashion model and hannon who helps create the outfits for their joined company.

hugo is the second oldest at twenty two, although it depends who you talk to, his name is cruz. now i'm not sure exactly what he is involved with, only that we get strange men coming to the penthouse requesting to speak to 'their boss'

the 'middle' child is jackson, who is currently about to go to art college in the city. he was known as the classic player, just like hugo. no girlfriends, he dropped all his high school friends. he wanted to start over.

now came the two youngest brothers, the twins, also the only brothers who possessed their fathers brunette hair. the oldest of the brothers, max.

max was practically jackson just brunette. instead of being obsessed with football, his passion is baseball. he tries to date girls, however they just ask if jackson is still single.

he's never had the best luck.

the youngest of the brothers is oscar. his instagram bio screams it all. 'skater by day, nothing by night' incredibly creative i know.

he recently came out to us all that he was pansexual in a beautiful dinner where he sat us all down, one of the worlds longest speeches to exist, then he played 'i'm coming out' by diana rose.

then there is me.

the step sister of the johnson brothers.

i grew up in bronx with my mom, melissa, since i could remember. all i know about my dad is that he's blond, he was basically just my moms sperm donor.

as for my mom, she use to work in a small bookstore in the neighbourhood we once lived in. it was once owned by an elderly couple, who possessed the store after the man's mother passed away when they were just in their twenties.

the store is called 'agni' which is still up and running to this day.

unfortunately the couple were never blessed with a child, no matter how many times they would try.

when arthur died, it felt like i had lost a grandfather.

they were my bookstore grandparents.

whenever my mom had a late shift arthur and betsy would allow me to sit in the loft area with a mug of hot cocoa and as many children's books i could ask for.

my mom still visits betsy every now and again, she use to try and help out at the bookstore but since she launched her own workout gear company, she never had time.

it's always meetings, interviews and she's starting to write her own autobiography.

as for her husband -my step father- he was a classic business owner, owning and remodelling some of the richest hotels in america.

did i forget to mention he has an assistant called alexa?

my mother and i are blessed to have such a wonderful new family, it's still a lot to get use too. i miss my old school, seeing my friends any day i wished.

beatrice (bree) and nevaeh both work to help support their families, which i am grateful that i no longer have to do, so it is difficult to try and arrange dates for us to meet and spend the day together as our once iconic trio.

but our groupchat is still full of our best and funniest moments.

just wait and see.