CHAPTER SEVEN: Mind Games

(Time Skip)

(Time Skip)

My fingers grab chunks of my hair, pulling it back into a ponytail. I can't believe I have to work already. I was just enjoying my afternoon with Cyrano. I adjust my jeans and tucked my uniform shirt in place. I nod and once I know I'm fit and ready-- I exit out the locker room, I crash into someone's torso-- the scent giving off was sweet. My eyes look up to see olive colored eyes looking down on me.

(Lucas)- "Whoa, sorry!" he smiles shyly while shaking his hair. His smile was pure-- like he has nothing to worry about. It quickly came to me I'm clinging to him to long-- I pull away and clear my throat.

(Y/n)- " Sorry, Lucas" my fault, I opened the door too suddenly.

(Lucas)- " It's all right-- hey, the Lieutenant is looking for you" What else is new? Almost every week he calls me into his office-- and its not to discuss work. It's just him checking up on me. ever since I came back from the mission with Chris and Leon-- all Tanner does is check on me. I appreciate it but after a while....it's sort of annoying.

(Y/n)- " Is he?" I sighed.

(Lucas)- " Yeah."'

(Y/n)- "Al right, I'm on my way" he nodded and I escape his intriguing cologne smell. It's different from Leon's. In a way it was sort of alluring me to him-- how a bug is attracted to a flowers scent. I need to get out of here-- I should have just called off work.

As soon as I reached Tanner's office, I noticed right away that the blinds were closed. This is personal Tanner, not business. I turn the handle and enter with caution. I wasn't the only person seeing Tanner in his office. A kiss was placed on a woman's cheek--I felt bad for interrupting. Tanner coughs at the sight of me and whispered something into her ear.

(Tanner)- " I'll see you at home" he kisses her cheek again.

(Vanessa)- " Bye, love you." She heads her way towards the door behind me.

(Vanessa)- " Nice to see you again, (Y/n)" she waves a hand with a bright wide smile on her face.

(Y/n)- "You too, see you around Vanessa" I wave and she has left the office. The door shuts behind her, I'm left alone with my Lieutenant. He walks around his desk and sits at a corner. I walk closely up to him.

(Y/n)- " she's great. You two are great together--"

(Tanner)- " If I only can say the same thing to you" he shot back. Ouch-- that one stung a little bit. He had his eyes concentrated on me, like he can snap at any moment. His nose flares as he lets out an exhale.

(Tanner)- " Take a seat" he started off.

(Y/n)- " I'll stand, thank you" I plant my feet standing tall. He eyes me, only silence between the both of us. He then sighs breaking eye contact, looking at his feet.